FORUMS

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

OnePlus Two Rumors

590 posts
Thanks Meter: 113

By darktranquility18, Senior Member on 3rd December 2014, 02:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just saw this on GSMA. Specs don't seem to be the biggest upgrade and that price is significantly higher than what we paid for the One.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/resellers_st...news-10377.php

4th December 2014, 11:22 AM |#2  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 11

More
This version of the phone was at the coolicool site for more than a month!
Simply gsmarena found it yesterday!
4th December 2014, 02:27 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
yeah I saw the news today as well on several source,

Was hoping they will start to use SD 810, and possibly make the memory convention at least 4gb, to cater for at least 64bit memory space of usable space 2gb max.

I wonder what kinda project their operating system will be based on since they going to do if its not CyanogenMod, it will be one of the biggest challenge they will face especially for user who likes to have their own custom rom.
5th December 2014, 04:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Four GB of ram on a phone is 100% unnecessary at least for now. Cyanogenmod may still work with them in future we do not know for sure. Even if there is no cm 'S' series firmware available in the future, most likely it will come in nightlies as regular builds.
6th December 2014, 04:26 AM |#5  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I keep seeing price estimates of $550 and if that is USD, then I think they are making a big mistake (ala Nexus 6 by Google). To me, I saw the point of this phone as something similar to the Nexus 4/5 - a phone that offered a lot at a favourable price over the competition.

From a Canadian perspective at least, a price of $550 USD will mean an end price of around $780 CDN after shipping, currency conversion (which is at about 16.5% right now) and taxes on delivery. That's nearly $300 more than it is for the OnePlus One (which runs about $500 CDN depending on the province you are in). I can't see anyone up here wanting to go that route since it is the same range as every other Android flagship (which run between $600-$700 plus tax) and unless things improve drastically on the customer support front, there is still a lot more risk and hassle buying a phone from OPO than going to your local mall and picking up a phone. If they get as good as say Google is with the Nexus phones (I had easy RMA experiences with them numerous times with the Nexus 4 and 5 where I got brand new phones in about a week) then that may change my opinion.

Of course, Canada may not be a huge market for them and it's not like our weak dollar is their problem but I think they are selling quite a few OPO's here now and that market I can easily see drying up real fast if they raise the price that much. Thought I thought the same for the Nexus 6 as well and maybe that is selling well in Canada despite it being twice the cost of the Nexus 5.
6th December 2014, 04:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 393

More
I believe users who bought opo were looking for an upgrade to nexus 5 or bigger phone then nexus 5, but thought nexus 6 was either too big or too expensive lol. If opo releases one plus two that's significantly more expensive, I see even less people taking a risk on this manufacturer in the future

Sent From Bacon
6th December 2014, 06:24 AM |#7  
Flag JED
Thanks Meter: 34

More
No body would buy it for that price anyway.... Why would someone buy a Chinese phone for high brands prices

The note 4 would be a better choice..
6th December 2014, 07:36 AM |#8  
California
Thanks Meter: 78

More
OnePlus had an AMA today and said they were still using the same business plan of small profit margins. The price would only go up if suppliers raised prices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
7th December 2014, 03:05 AM |#9  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussam1988

No body would buy it for that price anyway.... Why would someone buy a Chinese phone for high brands prices

The note 4 would be a better choice..

I second this... And if these specs from the link on OP are true (since these are just rumors), I will most likely not be getting the OnePlus Two; totally not worth it. I really hope these rumors are fake, or I'll be going back to HTC as my next phone.

Sent from my aromatic bacon!
16th January 2015, 01:58 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 546

More
Here is the latest from the rumor mill:
  • 5.5-inch QHD display size
  • Snapdragon 810
  • 4GB RAM
  • 3,300mAh battery
  • Android 5.0
  • RMB2,699 yuan ($435)
Source: Gizchina
Via: gsmarena.com

This looks better and more probable than the rumor linked in the OP.

It may also have dual-sim capability and an SD card slot:
Quote:

A still image allegedly taken from a OnePlus promotional video, supposedly shows a device that might be the next phone offered by the upstart manufacturer. The photo reveals a device that supports dual SIM cards and has a microSD slot.

Source: Phone Arena
If this is true (and it's a big if), I sure hope that dual SIM is an option since it would make developing custom ROMs nearly impossible.
Last edited by CafeKampuchia; 16th January 2015 at 02:13 PM.
16th January 2015, 03:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 602

More
Previous discussion in the below thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2991127

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread