5,815,179 Members 38,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

Tip us?

Hellscythe
Old
(Last edited by vanessaem; 21st May 2014 at 01:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 463
Default Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

EDIT: So yeah, the device is out and you can check it out on Oneplus.net

Unfortunately what they said about the device dimensions was false and is taller than the Note 3 and nearly as wide as the Note 3.

Blutgraetsche
Old
(Last edited by Blutgraetsche; 9th April 2014 at 06:52 AM.) Reason: wrong spelling
Thanks Meter 7
Default everything about OnePlus reminds me...

to Oppo.
Sure its the former vice President from Oppo.
But as you can see in the "Unbox Video" with Steve Kondik, even the packaging looks like from Oppo.
This means nothing bad but has the feeling of an "Oppo Kick off".
Btw, im a Oppo User and quite Happy with it.

And if the OnePlus looks good im sure gonna buy it, In difference to Oppos N1 the CM on OnePlus seems to be really good adapt and ACTUAL (4.4+ KitKat)

Best Regards
Danny
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blutgraetsche For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hellscythe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutgraetsche View Post
to Oppo.
Sure its the former vice President from Oppo.
But as you can see in the "Unbox Video" with Steve Kondik, even the packaging looks like from Oppo.
This means nothing bad but has the feeling of an "Oppo Kick off".
Btw, im a Oppo User and quite Happy with it.

And if the OnePlus looks good im sure gonna buy it, In difference to Oppos N1 the CM on OnePlus seems to be really good adapt and ACTUAL (4.4+ KitKat)

Best Regards
Danny
What are you opinions on Oppo's software updates?
and if the OnePlus One was 400 dollars in Australia, I would definitely buy it

Blutgraetsche
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default 718322338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe View Post
What are you opinions on Oppo's software updates?
and if the OnePlus One was 400 dollars in Australia, I would definitely buy it
Im running actually CM on my N1. This works quite well, but no Updates till now, just one who the O-Click get fixed.
From ColorOS i cant say that much, ive used it just a few times, but the people are waiting for the ColorOS 2.0, thats what i know.

In fact, when the OnePlus is available i will sell my N1, because im a bit disappointed about CM (updates, statements and the low improvements) with the N1 and i think they will make it better in the OnePlus.

For the announced price in im sure gonna buy the One+.

(btw: Sorry for my bad english)

Best Regards
Danny
The Following User Says Thank You to Blutgraetsche For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hellscythe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 463
Quote:
Im running actually CM on my N1. This works quite well, but no Updates till now, just one who the O-Click get fixed.
From ColorOS i cant say that much, ive used it just a few times, but the people are waiting for the ColorOS 2.0, thats what i know.

In fact, when the OnePlus is available i will sell my N1, because im a bit disappointed about CM (updates, statements and the low improvements) with the N1 and i think they will make it better in the OnePlus.

For the announced price in im sure gonna buy the One+.

(btw: Sorry for my bad english)

Best Regards
Danny
so because the N1 had a Cyanogenmod version, am i correct in saying that there are no bugs? surely if someone buys a cyanogenmod edition N1, they expect it to be bug free.

I am really juggling between the S5, Find 7 and OnePlus one.
With all honestly, I dislike the look of ColorOS, so if the FInd7 comes with a CM version, i am very interested in knowing how stable it is etc

Blutgraetsche
Old
Thanks Meter 7
There is a CM Version, but i have the Standard 32Gb and flashed CM. A few bugs left, but really nothing bad.
CM is a Company now, so the Quality is and should be good.

I can understand your disliking the Color OS, not everybody likes it, but from my view there are interesting Ideas who needs a fine finish.
The Community suggestions and implementations are game changing, theres a direct contact from the Community to the developers from Oppo, thats really unique!

Im not sure if there will be a unique "CM Version" of the Find 7, but im sure CM will be available for the Find 7.

But at the moment, without even seeing the One+ its hard to give you a suggestions...
I hope you are in the good position that you dont need right now a new Phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to Blutgraetsche For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hellscythe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 463
Quote:
There is a CM Version, but i have the Standard 32Gb and flashed CM. A few bugs left, but really nothing bad.
CM is a Company now, so the Quality is and should be good.

I can understand your disliking the Color OS, not everybody likes it, but from my view there are interesting Ideas who needs a fine finish.
The Community suggestions and implementations are game changing, theres a direct contact from the Community to the developers from Oppo, thats really unique!

Im not sure if there will be a unique "CM Version" of the Find 7, but im sure CM will be available for the Find 7.

But at the moment, without even seeing the One+ its hard to give you a suggestions...
I hope you are in the good position that you dont need right now a new Phone...
oh thanks for your insight!
yeah, just a tiny bit iffy about oppo because i think the Find 5 is still on android 4.1 so yeah.
and yeah, don't really need a new phone now, it's just my mum wants my phone because hers is dying so i am looking around for a new phone for myself haha

Blutgraetsche
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe View Post
oh thanks for your insight!
yeah, just a tiny bit iffy about oppo because i think the Find 5 is still on android 4.1 so yeah.
and yeah, don't really need a new phone now, it's just my mum wants my phone because hers is dying so i am looking around for a new phone for myself haha
Youre in a good position, i have to assure my wife that i want after 4 Months a new Phone
The N1 on CM is on 4.3, on ColorOS its on 4.2.2
A big selling point for the OnePlus will be the 2 Years guaranteed support from CM, thats a statement!

Xperia-Ray
Old
Thanks Meter 315

The new smartphones from china this year going to make hard life for other brands, you can't compete with their value/$$$.
The Oppo Find 7 is a killer device + this OnePluse they are going to be hot products.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xperia-Ray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hellscythe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia-Ray View Post

The new smartphones from china this year going to make hard life for other brands, you can't compete with their value/$$$.
The Oppo Find 7 is a killer device + this OnePluse they are going to be hot products.
Yeah, main reason for only looking at Oppo and OnePlus is because they look like they have a very nice dev scene.
Other chinese brands produce great devices, but the dev scene really isn't that big (outside of china)

The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800, snapdragon 801