Touch screen sensitivity issue still in 38R

OP QuBeX

7th October 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag León
Thanks Meter: 382

195 posts
Donate to Me
I wonder if anyone is also experiencing sensitivity issues with the new 38R OTA.
In my case It is evident when scrolling (homescreen, twitter, whatsapp....) and typing. Also the capacitive buttons seem a bit unresponsive from time to time.

What about you guys?

Edit: here you have the prove (bad scrolling and multitouch problem) i think i am going to RMA
Multitouch and sensitivity issues in 38R: http://youtu.be/KSAl1Uh_Src

Edit:
Suddenly the issue has been gone for a week, no problems at all since 15 October... I am so confused

Edit 2:
The sensibility issue is back on 24/10/2014 without changing anything
Last edited by QuBeX; 24th October 2014 at 01:08 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QuBeX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuBeX

I wonder if anyone is also experiencing sensitivity issues with the new 38R OTA.
In my case It is evident when scrolling (homescreen, twitter, whatsapp....) and typing. Also the capacitive buttons seem a bit unresponsive from time to time.

What about you guys?

Yes, I also still have troubles with it. I especially notice it when typing.
7th October 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag León

195 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4nchio

Yes, I also still have troubles with it. I especially notice it when typing.

Do you think it could be hardware problem? I am not sure, because sometimes it works perfect, but it is the 10% of the whole time
Last edited by QuBeX; 7th October 2014 at 09:11 PM.
7th October 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #4  

32 posts
Quote:

Do you think it could be hardware problem? I am not sure, because sometimes it works perfect, but it is the 10% of the whole time

I am really not sure... the last couple days I was on 33R CM11S with AK kernel and did not notice the problem at all. But it is not something that happens often in my case. So it is possible that I just did not wait long enough for it to appear.
I will stay on stock cm11s 38R for a few more days and then probably switch back to AK kernel to see if my previous experience is reproducible.
Did you even try to use a different kernel? Did you still have the issue?
7th October 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag León

195 posts
Donate to Me
Drive
Quote:

I am really not sure... the last couple days I was on 33R CM11S with AK kernel and did not notice the problem at all. But it is not something that happens often in my case. So it is possible that I just did not wait long enough for it to appear.
I will stay on stock cm11s 38R for a few more days and then probably switch back to AK kernel to see if my previous experience is reproducible.
Did you even try to use a different kernel? Did you still have the issue?

Just flashed AK, It seems that the unresponsiveness is still there
I am really dissapointed, i though this OTA would solve sensitivity problem...
7th October 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #6  

32 posts
Quote:

Just flashed AK, It seems that the unresponsiveness is still there
I am really dissapointed, i though this OTA would solve sensitivity problem...

Sorry to hear it did not help.
I have also just noticed this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=62 which suggests macgyvering an improved grounding for the phone. I have to admit that I don't understand exactly what to do. But it might become clearer if I get frustrated enough to actually open up the phone
Please let me know if you try it and it works.
7th October 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #7  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,304

9,261 posts
Touch screen is still going to be an issue. You can check the original bug which was reported here (still says in progress) https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-55
The Following User Says Thank You to jlevy73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag León

195 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Sorry to hear it did not help.
I have also just noticed this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=62 which suggests macgyvering an improved grounding for the phone. I have to admit that I don't understand exactly what to do. But it might become clearer if I get frustrated enough to actually open up the phone
Please let me know if you try it and it works.

It could work but i don't want to touch inside the phone very much, I don't want to void my warranty. I think I will RMA with this video I just made. Multitouch and sensitivity issues in 38R: http://youtu.be/KSAl1Uh_Src
7th October 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #9  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,304

9,261 posts
Quote:

It could work but i don't want to touch inside the phone very much, I don't want to void my warranty. I think I will RMA with this video I just made. Multitouch and sensitivity issues in 38R: http://youtu.be/KSAl1Uh_Src

You should just know that OPO's customer service while polite, will give you the run around a while. Took me about a month before they finally granted the RMA.
7th October 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevy73

You should just know that OPO's customer service while polite, will give you the run around a while. Took me about a month before they finally granted the RMA.

Will they RMA for a refund or just a new phone? I'm not convinced this will ever be fixed in software, and I'd rather go back to a mainstream manufacturer at this point.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread