No registration required
Thread Closed

OnePlus "Customer Support"...Tell your stories

OP drmacrofish

28th August 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 249

565 posts
Ok all. I am going here as I am seeing threads like this disappearing left and right over on the OnePlus Forums.

Let me start of by saying that overall I really like this phone. It looks awesome and CM 11 has so much going for it. Development is solid as all get out here thanks to all the devs working on this device. This is why I was so excited to get this device and so grateful for the invite provided by a member here.

However, this phone, just as many other phones may have some problems. A lot of which are software related and will be ironed out over time and just need some patience. Or try one of the many ROMS here and enjoy. Right?

But hardware problems, true hardware issues, are another thing. These require device replacements. The problem is, OP seems to either ignore customers or take inordinate amounts of time to respond. People are waiting literally upwards of a month or more to get a replacement device sent out, and good lord, I hope that those replacements are ok and without defects. This really should not be tolerated. I don't know why we would just say, "hey they are a new company, give them a break." (Everyone knows they are not really a new company I hope.)

So I would like to hear stories here. Post them up or PM me. I am trying to work with another user to get some things compiled and see what comes of it. Maybe some sites (cough cough...XDA) would be interested in this and maybe we can help bring some of this to light and hope the company will improve.

Or at the very least, get our broken phones replaced so we can get on with our lives and not feel like we got ripped for 350$. Of course I know there is buyer protection through Paypal, but should Paypal really have to be the ones dealing with this each time? I don't know, maybe OP planned it that way. Just let Paypal be our support.

By the way, if you are still reading this, my story is simple and just begining unfortunately. I got a device that did not have working volume keys out of the box. I have updated, flashed old and new stock ROMS, and nothing. Still don't work. I sent in a support ticket 6 days ago with a link to a video of what is going on and told them my problem. I have literally received no response at all since then.
The Following User Says Thank You to drmacrofish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 64

291 posts
More
I've got a story.

It started on July 23rd when I ordered my OnePlus One. It was supposed to arrive on the 26th, but it never came. Instead, USPS tracking said I wasn't at home, and they left a note. They didn't leave a note, and I was home. There was no doorbell no nothing. So, I waited until tuesday to see if the package would get re delivered to my house. It didn't get re delivered. I called USPS and went to my local post office. They gave me the normal BS, wait a few days, it could have gotten lost. Blah blah blah. How does a package get lost when it's out for delivery?! Anyways, I waited a few more days, and nothing. Contacted OnePlus support, and they said that their logistics team was looking into it, and it would take maximum 10 days for their investigation. 15 days later without another email, I opened a case on PayPal, and within 2 days, I had my money back.

OnePlus really needs to improve their customer service. Their phone is great, CM 11S is great, but customer service is a nightmare to deal with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxKINGxX2580 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 10,162

11,463 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello,

Please try posting your tech support stories on any one of these pre-existing threads.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...rvice-t2851237
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2796367

I'll have to close this one.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread