Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 54,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix for people with a corrupt EFS (No network connection or bluetooth)

Tip us?

tw1tch175
Old
(Last edited by tw1tch175; 3rd August 2014 at 05:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Default Fix for people with a corrupt EFS (No network connection or bluetooth)

A few people have had issues with the EFS getting corrupt or wiped on their OPO before they had a working backup. This guide has so far worked for 4 people to restore their EFS allowing them to access mobile data and bluetooth again.

Note: I really don't know why this works, I have contacted the dev of this rom to ask if he has any ideas but still waiting on a response.

1. Flash official TWRP
2. Flash this ColorOS rom using TWRP - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2772627 (you can skip all the account setups if you want)
3. Factory reset
4. Boot and setup ColorOS (you should see a network connect now with your sim card inserted, you will need to toggle mobile data on to test that)
5. If you have data in ColorOS you are good to flash back to CM11S anyway you want (you will need to factor reset after flashing back)
6. Save yourself the headache in the future and backup your EFS

Please post if this fix works for you.

Edit: I've went ahead and downloaded the ROM and I will hold on to it incase the original mirrors go down for some reason. Please PM me if they do.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tw1tch175 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dictionary
Old
Thanks Meter 711

DONATE TO ME
One of the ones who can confirm this works. Will post in the official thread.
Currently Owned:
HTC Inspire 4G (backup phone)
HTC Flyer 7". -Daughters Tablet
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Wifes phone
HTC One - Current phone
Asus Nexus 7 - Current tablet

Edited for those complaining.

tdamocles
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Worked for me also.

Yank555
Old
(Last edited by Yank555; 3rd August 2014 at 01:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9,980
Wholy moly ... I have a mobile data network !!

Still on ColorOS, but this is VERY promising !!!

IMEI is correct, it's the one on the box !

Still no WiFi nor Bluetooh mac addresses, though...

Will keep you posted, but this is a HUGE step forward !

Thanx a lot for sharing this !

BTW, serial number is still unchanged and correct.

JP.

EDIT:

Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue, back to CM11S I am greeted by an AudioFX FC... Device pretty much unusable, the FC pops up the milisecond you click OK ...

Will try a different ROM...

EDIT 2:

SlimKat, CM11 Nightly both boot to the welcome screen, then reboot about 1 second later.

Only ColorOS seems to actually run ?!

A bit disgusted right now
Nexus 5 32Gb
SlimKAT 7.0 (official) / CWM / 768Mb zSwap
Yank555.lu kernel v1.1-beta1

Note 3 SM-N9005 32Gb Proudly eFused
64Gb FAT32 / ROMs change / KK bootloader / CWM
Will03's CAF SlimKAT v26 / CWM / 1Gb zSwap
Yank555.lu CAF W03 Slim v1.0e kernel (3.4.103)

SGS3 I9300 32Gb
HTC Sensation XE
HTC HD2
TF300TG 32Gb

Credits FAdrums !
Kernels available in my Forum !

Gambalajillo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1tch175 View Post
A few people have had issues with the EFS getting corrupt or wiped on their OPO before they had a working backup. This guide has so far worked for 3 people to restore their EFS allowing them to access mobile data and bluetooth again.

Note: I really don't know why this works, I have contacted the dev of this rom to ask if he has any ideas but still waiting on a response.

1. Flash official TWRP
2. Flash this ColorOS rom using TWRP - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2772627 (you can skip all the account setups if you want)
3. Factory reset
4. Boot and setup ColorOS (you should see a network connect now with your sim card inserted, you will need to toggle mobile data on to test that)
5. If you have data in ColorOS you are good to flash back to CM11S anyway you want (you will need to factor reset after flashing back)
6. Save yourself the headache in the future and backup your EFS

Please post if this fix works for you.
Hi, i failed and i wiped EVERYTHING of my phone, i only had the fasboot mode, i installed CWM and the cyanogemod rom, now everything works, and i have the imei in the box, however, i dont have the possibility of EFS backup anymore.... any ideas..?

tw1tch175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambalajillo View Post
Hi, i failed and i wiped EVERYTHING of my phone, i only had the fasboot mode, i installed CWM and the cyanogemod rom, now everything works, and i have the imei in the box, however, i dont have the possibility of EFS backup anymore.... any ideas..?
Official TWRP doesn't have EFS backup in it, you have the get the unofficial one http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...7-1-0-t2815247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank555 View Post
Wholy moly ... I have a mobile data network !!

Still on ColorOS, but this is VERY promising !!!

IMEI is correct, it's the one on the box !

Still no WiFi nor Bluetooh mac addresses, though...

Will keep you posted, but this is a HUGE step forward !

Thanx a lot for sharing this !

BTW, serial number is still unchanged and correct.

JP.

EDIT:

Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue, back to CM11S I am greeted by an AudioFX FC... Device pretty much unusable, the FC pops up the milisecond you click OK ...

Will try a different ROM...

EDIT 2:

SlimKat, CM11 Nightly both boot to the welcome screen, then reboot about 1 second later.

Only ColorOS seems to actually run ?!

A bit disgusted right now
Odd, maybe you could try using TWRP to delete everything again including system, then sideload and boot ColorOS.
The Following User Says Thank You to tw1tch175 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabbotage
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1tch175 View Post
Official TWRP doesn't have EFS backup in it, you have the get the unofficial one http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...7-1-0-t2815247
To add to that you can just boot the unofficial recovery using "fastboot boot recovery.img" to do your efs backup if you would prefer to keep the official TWRP installed. That way it only boots that recovery to allow you to do the backup of your EFS partition and doesn't erase your current recovery. That's how I did it.
Twitter: @jerm1777
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabbotage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gambalajillo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbotage View Post
To add to that you can just boot the unofficial recovery using "fastboot boot recovery.img" to do your efs backup if you would prefer to keep the official TWRP installed. That way it only boots that recovery to allow you to do the backup of your EFS partition and doesn't erase your current recovery. That's how I did it.
WOW thanks, i do it and and i tell you how did it go in a few minutes.

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,952

DONATE TO ME
I see that the OP has been thanked and this thread has a few success stories so I am giving it a bump for others to view in case of the same issue.
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!

andybfmv96
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I just flashed the factory image... I never had the problem again

Tags
efs, efs corrupt, efs fix, network problem