FLY UI for Oneplus

OP Nxpx

3rd September 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

Downloading now, takes less than an hour for me (correction... less then 15 minutes). I can mirror it on Google drive if you want.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

It's working great for me as secondary ROM for MultiROM so far... will set this up for daily use and try a bit.

Please give us a review when you can mate !
4th September 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

24 posts
More
So i tested it. It Seems to be based on CM11s, because it has seems to have all its features (hardware/softwarebuttons toggle, the phone setup screen, theme engine with hexo theme, double tap to wake etc.)
Everything is translated except 4 (5 with keyboard) new apps (propably because its just themed cm11)
It comes pre-rooted with super user in settings.
The theme chooser isnt accessible normaly but i got a notification from a theme update which linked to the theme chooser

Features:
- nice design
- toggleable app drawer (standard disabled so you have only homescreens like in miui but shortcuts are removable and then not accessible with disabled drawer)
- All pop-ups appear on the bottom of the screen
- Changed about phone screen
- Shades app (really just like the Brightness toggle in quick settings)
- File manager with ftp and root support (but i couldnt get do /data)
- pre installed terminal emulator
- Now Browser as standard browser

There are 5 new Apps:
- Some sort of Hub app. I couldnt figure out what it does
- iFlytek Input ( a keyboard, its pretty crappy if you ask me)
- App China (probably the app store because there are no gapps)
- A music player (auto album cover download and theme support, changable accent color)

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/aJb5F

Here are /system/app and /system/priv-app dump. Interesting are probably the launcher, the theme and the shades app
Dev-Host (attachment wasnt working)

In conclusion this is pretty much just a pre-themed cm11s with some small nice additions and disabled theme manager
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silverquark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 102

228 posts
More
Also been running this and have switched back to IUNI as I'm experiencing some bugs which make fundamental operation a problem and frustration.

No doubt they'll be fixed over time but right now, for me, this is not ready as a daily driver. Not close.

1. Some text is not visible. That is, it's near white on a white background. Theme needs some ATD.

2. As above when setting a pattern lock, there's no way to what you're set pattern is - it's a stab in the dark (white on white again). Found this out when setting up a VPN which requires a pass code or pattern, which leads me to....

3. VPN was not working. No problems on other ROMs or devices so I know the provider is OK. Maybe a CM issue.

4. Rotation lock is messed up. Lock it and it only works in some apps. File manager ignores it and goes into landscape mode which the makes the launcher go landscape too but then doesn't rotate back even if you disable rotation lock and the phone itself. To fix it, I have to go into something that obeys rotation lock (settings) and back out again. Or sleep/wake. Very tedious.

5. AppChina (?) FCs on boot. Easy to delete with RE I suppose but odd on first clean boot.

This was after only a few hours but: a) I need a VPN; b) I was tired with the messed up orientation issues.

Maybe give it another try in a month or two after a bit more polish.
4th September 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #14  
Flag Asnieres-Sur-Seine
Thanks Meter: 1,596

2,468 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverquark

So i tested it. It Seems to be based on CM11s, because it has seems to have all its features (hardware/softwarebuttons toggle, the phone setup screen, theme engine with hexo theme, double tap to wake etc.)
Everything is translated except 4 (5 with keyboard) new apps (propably because its just themed cm11)
It comes pre-rooted with super user in settings.
The theme chooser isnt accessible normaly but i got a notification from a theme update which linked to the theme chooser

Features:
- nice design
- toggleable app drawer (standard disabled so you have only homescreens like in miui but shortcuts are removable and then not accessible with disabled drawer)
- All pop-ups appear on the bottom of the screen
- Changed about phone screen
- Shades app (really just like the Brightness toggle in quick settings)
- File manager with ftp and root support (but i couldnt get do /data)
- pre installed terminal emulator
- Now Browser as standard browser

There are 5 new Apps:
- Some sort of Hub app. I couldnt figure out what it does
- iFlytek Input ( a keyboard, its pretty crappy if you ask me)
- App China (probably the app store because there are no gapps)
- A music player (auto album cover download and theme support, changable accent color)

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/aJb5F

Here are /system/app and /system/priv-app dump. Interesting are probably the launcher, the theme and the shades app
Dev-Host (attachment wasnt working)

In conclusion this is pretty much just a pre-themed cm11s with some small nice additions and disabled theme manager

Very nice review, and detailed!!

Sent from my One A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th September 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #15  

24 posts
More
Here is the Theme if anyone is interested. Its pretty nice.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Flyui_SystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.72 MB, 49 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Silverquark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #16  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverquark

Here is the Theme if anyone is interested. Its pretty nice.

APK doesn't install :<
8th September 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #17  

24 posts
More
Oh you have to sign it. Get ZipSigner from the playstore and sign it with that.
Then it should work

The Following User Says Thank You to Silverquark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread