Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock (Current Build - XNPH33R)

Tip us?

SBarbera
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you for this guide

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshomoye View Post
I know this is probably not something you wanna deal with but;
I tried running the script on my laptop (Linux) and I get a FAILED (remote: data too large) error when sending system (screen shot attached) Any ideas how to fix this?

I had to reflash twrp and restore a backup I had on my phone but the problem is that I cant install apps on the rom because of some error ( which is why I'm trying to flash stock image)

Thanks for the post tho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilpolpi65 View Post
Same error me too with Ubuntu
From what I've read elsewhere this happens if you don't have the latest SDK files on your PC so make sure you've used the SDK Manager to update the adb/fastboot files and drivers
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Franco Kernel r19

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

black_rifle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by esofron View Post
i tried to flash it and got the following.
now does not boot to system os.

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
failed to allocate 793461488 bytes
error: update package missing system.img

any help?

Ok solved it. downloaded the official 25R and did an dab side load as i had the stock recovery.
I had the same issue last night, so I copied all the .img files to the adb/fastboot directory, and manually flashed each partition via 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img' and so on. That worked just fine. Since userdata.img wasn't backed up, there's no need to flash it.

I'm still curious why 'fastboot flash -w <zip filename>.zip' insists it can't find the .img files even though they're in the archive. It worked for other people I assume, so why doesn't it work for all?

asmartkid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Stuck "writing system" in fastboot mode

HELP!!
I've tried following this guide to revert to stock, but after running flash-all.bat, it's all stuck while "writing system".. what can I do??

AddisG
Old
Thanks Meter 937
This works great. Thanks!
OnePlus One
Capacity: 64GB Color: Sandstone Black

NEVER SETTLE.

ilpolpi65
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmartkid View Post
HELP!!
I've tried following this guide to revert to stock, but after running flash-all.bat, it's all stuck while "writing system".. what can I do??
Still stuck ?

big_pulse
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Talking [SOLVED] Remote: DATA too large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon_IV View Post
i get this message on mine

C:\>fastboot flash system system.img
sending 'system' (765700 KB)...
FAILED (remote: data too large)
finished. total time: 0.015s

and will not restore any ideas please

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I just want to get back to stock and quit playing with rooting for my customizations now its dead
The problem is with your fastboot binaries. Doesn't seem to support sending such a large img file. I posted the latest ones here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_...it?usp=sharing
Just use these and you should be fine.

EddyOS
Old
Thanks Meter 3,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pulse View Post
The problem is with your fastboot binaries. Doesn't seem to support sending such a large img file. I posted the latest ones here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_...it?usp=sharing
Just use these and you should be fine.
Or just use the SDK Manager to update them directly from Google
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Franco Kernel r19

ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

EddyOS
Old
Thanks Meter 3,049
Just got my new OPO and it was on 22R. I used my 64GB 33R package and it flashed without issues so as long as you have your SDK up to date you'll have no issues

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,296

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalAndroid View Post
I'm having issues unlocking my bl, please help. I'm no noob I've converted my M8 to GPe I don't see why I can't do this.
You've already posted the exact same thing in the guide thread, double posts aren't allowed.

Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!