[GUIDE] Unlock Bootloader without wiping data after CM11s 30O

7th September 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 16

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medosofts

someone running on 33R succeeded with this MOD ???

Yes. I was on 33R. Went to stock recovery and flashed 25R. Booted to fastboot and remotely ran twrp recovery and did a backup (in case) then flashed Bootloader unlock zip. While still in recovery, flashed 33R zip and SuperSU. I didn't extract any fastboot files, just used the flashable stock signed zip. All said and done, I had unlocked bootloader and root and back on 33R.

Now I was able to use Flashify app if I wanted a permanent custom recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralphwiggum1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #12  
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 1,250

909 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwiggum1

Yes. I was on 33R. Went to stock recovery and flashed 25R. Booted to fastboot and remotely ran twrp recovery and did a backup (in case) then flashed Bootloader unlock zip. While still in recovery, flashed 33R zip and SuperSU. I didn't extract any fastboot files, just used the flashable stock signed zip. All said and done, I had unlocked bootloader and root and back on 33R.

Now I was able to use Flashify app if I wanted a permanent custom recovery.

Hello did this wipe the device???
also were did you download the 33R from can you please provide me the link.
Thanks
26th September 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 16

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilmesh

Hello did this wipe the device???
also were did you download the 33R from can you please provide me the link.
Thanks

This did NOT wipe my device. Look for the flashable (NOT fastboot) images in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2857110
The Following User Says Thank You to ralphwiggum1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #14  
Flag Nagpur

909 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwiggum1

This did NOT wipe my device. Look for the flashable (NOT fastboot) images in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2857110

Hello ,
I am on 33 R and downloading the flash-able zip from the thread you gave. The rest of items i have already downloaded (Please see attachment). Request you to please confirm that once my 33R download is complete am i ready to proceed??? (I also have the Complete SDK Package with me)
Also can you please list me the procedure step by step. This is my very first time doing it this way as i am used to rooting my S2 and that is a totally different method using ODIN.
Hope to receive your positive reply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OPO Rooting.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (24.8 KB, 71 views)
26th September 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #15  
Flag Nagpur

909 posts
More
Ok. Done. It worked flawlessly on 33R. Followed all the steps as mentioned by @ralphwiggum1 (Thanks a lot mate . Also Thanks to @ifg for making the basic post to be followed. See attached Rootchecker image for proof.

Please note that this procedure worked for me on a totally unrooted & never before tried rooting device with 33R. Also my device info showed Tampered bit as True & unlock bit as False. You can check it by following this http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...r-bit-t2820912. Thanks to @Mnt-XDA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-09-26-18-08-50.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (144.2 KB, 45 views)
Last edited by Hilmesh; 27th September 2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Image added now. Missed earlier
27th September 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #16  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 327

914 posts
More
Quote:

Ok. Done. It worked flawlessly on 33R. Followed all the steps as mentioned by @ralphwiggum1 (Thanks a lot mate . Also Thanks to @ifg for making the basic post to be followed. See attached Rootchecker image for proof.

Please note that this procedure worked for me on a totally unrooted & never before tried rooting device with 33R. Also my device info showed Tampered bit as True & unlock bit as False. You can check it by following this http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...r-bit-t2820912. Thanks to @Mnt-XDA.

Good job!
The Following User Says Thank You to erad1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #17  
Flag Nagpur

909 posts
More
"As every guide is written with a Foreword so is this. Please try at your own risk. I am not responsible."

Next this is neither my guide nor my work. I went through all the threads as mentioned in the various links given below. All I did was follow procedure from whichever thread / post was related with my condition. Once I even got confused with too much information but then again as they if we don’t try we never know whether we would have failed or succeeded. 
So I was able to do this only due the works of other people. All the credit & Thanks goes to them. I have tried and remembered and mentioned all the names. In case I have missed anyone please forgive me and point me the name and I will thank them too.

My Step by step procedure to root the device without wipe for devices who have never tried rooting their Oneplus One and are currently on 33R using the method mentioned in this thread,
  1. Download the Recovery flashable zips of the complete ROMz - XNPH25R, XNPH33R
  2. Follow the ADB & Fastboot Installation Procedure listed HERE(Also if you can then do read the complete post as it is very informative for Noobs like me )
  3. Download the Oneplusone-bootunlocker.zip from HERE (Again if possible please read this complete thread too as it is also very informative)
  4. Download the Supersu file from HERE
  5. Download the custom recovery file from HERE
  6. Copy both the Flashable zips, Bootunlocker, supersu files to your device
  7. Switch off your device. And Then boot into STOCK RECOVERY by pressing the VOL DOWN & POWER key
  8. Apply update – XNPH25R and then keep the power key pressed until the screen turns off. DO NOT REBOOT
  9. Now boot to fastboot mode by holding the POWER button & VOL UP Key. Connect it to the PC and let it install all the drivers
  10. Go to the SDK Installation in your PC, and within that go to the folder PLATFORM-TOOLS. Copy the “openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-bacon.img” or latest file which you must have downloaded from the TWRP site
  11. Within the directory Press the Shift Key and right click and you will get an option “Open command Prompt here” – Do it. Type in the command
    Code:
    Fastboot boot openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-bacon.img
    . Wait for 30 Seconds your device will enter into TWRP Custom recovery
  12. Make a Nandroid backup (Optional)
  13. Go to the install option within the recovery and select the Bootunlocker.zip. make sure the signature verification check box in unchecked. Apply the zip.
  14. Now once again go into install option and select the XNPH33R zip and apply
  15. I rebooted the device after Step 14 as I forgot to apply the supersu
  16. Once again followed the same procedure to enter fastboot mode (Step 9) and loaded the custom recovery as mentioned in Step 11 and then applied the supersu zip as mentioned in Step 13. Again rebooted and device was successfully rooted with SuperSU
  17. Next I wanted to flash Franco’s latest Kernel (franco.Kernel-nightly-r20.zip). Downloaded from HERE
  18. Again put device in Fastboot mode (Step 9) and loaded Custom recovery (Step 11) and installed zip file using same procedure as Step 13
  19. Wiped Cache & Dalvik Cache & Rebooted the device. No Issues. Franco Kernel was installed

Credits - I would like to thank everyone for helping me out. Full Thanks & Credits to @ifg (Guide for XNPH300), @Mnt-XDA (Bootunlocker.zip & a great thread about Reset Unlocker & Tamper Bit), @MICa.fighter (CM11S official & untouched image collection), @franciscofranco (Kernel for Oneplus One), Chromium (From Oneplus One Forum for a great guide on Everything Rooting for Oneplus One), @Chainfire (SuperSU), @ralphwiggum1 (for already trying it and clearing my doubts and giving me confidence to proceed)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hilmesh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #18  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 15

83 posts
More
Worked like a charm. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cotw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 12

67 posts
Yeah, I really wish I found this post before I wiped my OPO, and lost another day reinstalling and configuring apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to reverenddak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:51 AM   |  #20  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 327

914 posts
More

Quote:

"As every guide is written with a Foreword so is this. Please try at your own risk. I am not responsible."

Next this is neither my guide nor my work. I went through all the threads as mentioned in the various links given below. All I did was follow procedure from whichever thread / post was related with my condition. Once I even got confused with too much information but then again as they if we don’t try we never know whether we would have failed or succeeded. 
So I was able to do this only due the works of other people. All the credit & Thanks goes to them. I have tried and remembered and mentioned all the names. In case I have missed anyone please forgive me and point me the name and I will thank them too.

My Step by step procedure to root the device without wipe for devices who have never tried rooting their Oneplus One and are currently on 33R using the method mentioned in this thread,

1. Download the Recovery flashable zips of the complete ROMz - XNPH25R, XNPH33R
  2. Follow the ADB & Fastboot Installation Procedure listed HERE(Also if you can then do read the complete post as it is very informative for Noobs like me )
  3. Download the Oneplusone-bootunlocker.zip from HERE (Again if possible please read this complete thread too as it is also very informative)
  4. Download the Supersu file from HERE
  5. Download the custom recovery file from HERE
  6. Copy both the Flashable zips, Bootunlocker, supersu files to your device
  7. Switch off your device. And Then boot into STOCK RECOVERY by pressing the VOL DOWN & POWER key
  8. Apply update – XNPH25R and then keep the power key pressed until the screen turns off. DO NOT REBOOT
  9. Now boot to fastboot mode by holding the POWER button & VOL UP Key. Connect it to the PC and let it install all the drivers
  10. Go to the SDK Installation in your PC, and within that go to the folder PLATFORM-TOOLS. Copy the “openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-bacon.img” or latest file which you must have downloaded from the TWRP site
  11. Within the directory Press the Shift Key and right click and you will get an option “Open command Prompt here” – Do it. Type in the command
    Code:
    Fastboot boot openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-bacon.img
    . Wait for 30 Seconds your device will enter into TWRP Custom recovery
  12. Make a Nandroid backup (Optional)
  13. Go to the install option within the recovery and select the Bootunlocker.zip. make sure the signature verification check box in unchecked. Apply the zip.
  14. Now once again go into install option and select the XNPH33R zip and apply
  15. I rebooted the device after Step 14 as I forgot to apply the supersu
  16. Once again followed the same procedure to enter fastboot mode (Step 9) and loaded the custom recovery as mentioned in Step 11 and then applied the supersu zip as mentioned in Step 13. Again rebooted and device was successfully rooted with SuperSU
  17. Next I wanted to flash Franco’s latest Kernel (franco.Kernel-nightly-r20.zip). Downloaded from HERE
  18. Again put device in Fastboot mode (Step 9) and loaded Custom recovery (Step 11) and installed zip file using same procedure as Step 13
  19. Wiped Cache & Dalvik Cache & Rebooted the device. No Issues. Franco Kernel was installed

Credits - I would like to thank everyone for helping me out. Full Thanks & Credits to @ifg (Guide for XNPH300), @Mnt-XDA (Bootunlocker.zip & a great thread about Reset Unlocker & Tamper Bit), @MICa.fighter (CM11S official & untouched image collection), @franciscofranco (Kernel for Oneplus One), Chromium (From Oneplus One Forum for a great guide on Everything Rooting for Oneplus One), @Chainfire (SuperSU), @ralphwiggum1 (for already trying it and clearing my doubts and giving me confidence to proceed)

Excellent...well done and will help many!

The Following User Says Thank You to erad1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread