Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Have an invite to share. Tell me one of your recent life changing experiences

Tip us?

rahtrip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Have an invite to share. Tell me one of your recent life changing experiences

Meeting this guy, a now friend, Munir has really altered my perception of "Success", "Happiness", & "Failure". I honestly don't think it was chance that I met him either. A strange god damn cosmic alignment of life stories. HAHA

I always enjoy meeting new and interesting people, and striking up conversations with them about their life experiences. Tonight, by chance, I happened to run into Munir; someone so unorthodox and untethered from society's conventions and norms. We all know how judgmental the so called "Community" can be when you choose to do something unconventional with your life. Munir is from Vancouver, Canada who last year decided that there's more to life than his daily regimen and lifestyle. He's had to fight through a lot and become independent at an early age. He asked himself that "what if" question that many philosophical thinkers do, "If I were to die tomorrow did I take in and experience everything the world has to offer, and did I leave an everlasting impact on this world?" He moved out of his apartment, sold all of his belongings (furniture, car, etc.), chose to work remote for a while. He then invested in a minivan and completely gutted the interior to build a living/work/sleep area. For the last 10 months he's been on a "Soul Searching" road trip traveling from Vancouver, through the West Coast (Mountain/Pacific Area), Rockies/Canyons, West South Central, South Atlantic, and now working his way through the Northeast and Midwest, before heading back to Vancouver. He soon plans to work on setting up his amazing "Startup" idea that will one day revolutionize how small/micro businesses work, and publishing a few books, and wants to further travel other continents. I know a lot of people, myself included, that always say they want to do something out of the box and amazing before they die. Very few of us will actually live up to those words. This post does not do justice to how unique, and awesome this man is.
OnePlus One, 64gb, Sandstone Black

Skoshy-007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Plug My life.

When i went to to the bathroom without any toilet paper...

serialtoon
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Ive been working at the same job in the same position for 5 years now, and i have been aiming to be a trainer for new employees. Ive been working hard at it for the past 4 years or so and have finally heard today that i am in the running to potentially snag the position. Well, right before i left work they let the cat out of the bag. They let me know that i have gotten the position and will be starting that job Sept. 15th. The reason this is life changing is because i am a diabetic and have been having a tough time keeping up with bills and having to pay for the expensive meds. With the new position comes better benefits that would cover most of the bills and a hand some raise. This is the reason i can finally move into a new phone. Currently i have an old SGS2 that needs replacing. This would definetly be the icing on the cake. Thanks!
If i helped in any capacity, hit that THANKS button
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to serialtoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acruxksa
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I just quit my 6 figure job of 15yrs because it was boring as hell. It's the first time I've been unemployed in 18yrs and I'm actually enjoying it. Currently on extended vacation before I continue training for a different though similar job.

Many people think I was crazy to quit but the truth is I was miserable and it was time for a change. There just wasn't anything challenging left in my old job.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com
Current Phones:
OnePlus One Sandstone 64GB - Primary Phone
32GB Woven Black, Black, Metallic Blue, GSM Unlocked Moto-X - Secondary Phone
Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 KangaKat - Backup Phone
The Following User Says Thank You to acruxksa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vanessaem
Old
(Last edited by vanessaem; 23rd August 2014 at 04:28 AM.)
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 9,811

DONATE TO ME
I guess just giving someone an invite is too easy but I won't knock how you're choosing to do it though.
Please continue the OPO invite story time on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...-soon-t2825090.

Thread closed...
The Following User Says Thank You to vanessaem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe