No registration required
Thread Closed

News from OnePlus and Cyanogen on battery drain and new update

OP thez3ro

20th August 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 119

259 posts
More
Well as said it's not only the kernel that needs to be fixed it's also the problem with the proximity sensor and on top of that there is a small problem with the mpdecision bin.
If you use a fixed kernel and turn off all gestures like dt2w and so on your battery life will be fine.
But if you want to use gestures and have good battery life, then you'll also need CM's latest fixes for the proximity sensor.
Both fixes are already included in and tested on Gummy ROM.
The thing with the mpdecision binary is that it keeps two cores active at all time even when it's not necessary.
You can easily avoid this and improve battery life even further if you switch to intelliplug, till the mpdecision binary gets a fix.
Using Gummy, with it's default kernel, I lost 2% in 11h last night while having the phone in deep sleep, with intelliplug and dt2w activated.
So if you're not into CM, or want a liitle more features, Gummy (probably others have these fixes already too, don't know) might be a good choice.

Ps. It also has the latest touch panel drivers included.
Last edited by [armitage]; 20th August 2014 at 09:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to [armitage] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #22  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 26

117 posts
More
If I were going to flash the latest version of the Franco kernel, I'd also be at the stage of wanting to play with custom ROMs, which I don't want to do just yet.

I'm interested in seeing where the vanilla version of devil's food goes and am willing to put up with an impotent battery for a few weeks to experience only what CM does with hardware/software integration.

Ideally, I'd like to hold out until CM's final bug-free version of Lollipop for the OPO. After that, I'll be more inclined to use original ROMs and customized hybrid versions of CM -- that is, unless things continue to go terribly wrong with the next few official updates.
Last edited by Reignogleph MMXI; 20th August 2014 at 05:31 PM.
21st August 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignogleph MMXI

If I were going to flash the latest version of the Franco kernel, I'd also be at the stage of wanting to play with custom ROMs, which I don't want to do just yet.

I'm interested in seeing where the vanilla version of devil's food goes and am willing to put up with an impotent battery for a few weeks to experience only what CM does with hardware/software integration.

Ideally, I'd like to hold out until CM's final bug-free version of Lollipop for the OPO. After that, I'll be more inclined to use original ROMs and customized hybrid versions of CM -- that is, unless things continue to go terribly wrong with the next few official updates.

If we flash last version of franco kernel on a stock room (30O) , we will keep the ota for the future updates?
21st August 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #24  
Flag Portland, Maine
Thanks Meter: 115

1,534 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmac1970

If we flash last version of franco kernel on a stock room (30O) , we will keep the ota for the future updates?

Does it matter? If you know how to flash, someone will have a copy of the OTA you can flash here, probably faster than you'd get it anyway
21st August 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 576

1,689 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26.2man

Ater two full days on 30O im seriously thinking about going back to 25R. I've gone from 48 hours between charges and 7 hours sot to 18 hours between charges an 3.5 hours sot. The sad part is im sure as soon as I revert the update will come out and Ill have to start over again. Im going to give it at leat one more day.

Similar experience here. I had great battery life on 25R, but since updating to 30O it has gone to crap. Last night it went from 100% to 88% while I slept. I will probably roll back to 25R.
21st August 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #26  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 390

1,309 posts
I am actually wondering if any customers are attempting to get an RMA on their device now. Stating that it's defective because of the battery life issue. I could see quite a few users who don't understand the underpinnings of the OS and how updates work doing this. Simply trying to train this on a defective battery or something thereby causing op to have to dish out my returns. Which I would then hope OP would put more pressure on the cm team to get this hotfix out.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #27  
Forum Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 2,991

3,450 posts
Sorry, but I had to close this thread because there is already a "all things battery" thread for this device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2753354

Having more than one thread for battery issues will just make it more difficult for everyone to keep track of battery issues and fixes.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread