Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 47,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OPO general opinion after almost one month of use

Tip us?

DuckMcQUack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Default OPO general opinion after almost one month of use

Hi all,

I just want to share my opinions over our beloved (or better, your beloved) flagship 2014 killer device.

I had been lucky enough to buy the phone out of an invite, so i should really don't blame about this absurd invite-only policy. Anyways, they're just making the hype grow until the components are not high-end spec anymore, so when everyone will have the possibility to buy the device there will be Snapdragon 805 terminals out and the older 801 will be way cheaper for the company.

What i dont like: this thing is big, way too big. I have medium sized hands and this thing is so uncomfortable. I knew about it just out of the box, so if you don't have massive hands you will probably think the same.

Moreover, I have unlocked and rooted my device to be able to use root apps. So far no problem for me, and I thank God about it. Customer support is just a joke, they have said that the phone will not lose warranty if we tweak it and then they do not offer support to people causing havoc to their device. They should have just stated that rooted devices will get out of warranty so to make customers more savvy about causing damage.

Three, camera is non that good as they stated at the start. It does photos full of noise and most of the time white balance is way off.

To add: touchscreen is not working properly. When I tyoe fast ghost touches slow me down a lot. Faults like these are not acceptable. Every good company should delay the launch of their device in front of this kind of issues, and they didn't do it.

I think that's all. At the end of all these evaluations: I wish i had bought a Nexus 5 instead of this.

I will keep it until next Nexus will be out, can't wait to get rid of this thing.

Just my 0.02

G
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4

dubbactrumpetmsu
Old
Thanks Meter 16
That may be your experience, but I have had zero issues with camera noise, and definitely no ghost issues. You should get an RMA and request a replacement device. I've had about 35-50 Android devices since 2009, and this is one of my absolute favorites of all time. I agree that production issues may abound, but that's what happens when you get in on the bleeding edge, and with a brand new company(And for every post like yours, I see many more positives). However, just because you will not lose warranty for rooting doesn't mean it is THEIR responsibility to fix your rooting issues. That's what this community(and their forum) is for.
The Following User Says Thank You to dubbactrumpetmsu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

planoman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbactrumpetmsu View Post
That may be your experience, but I have had zero issues with camera noise, and definitely no ghost issues. You should get an RMA and request a replacement device. I've had about 35-50 Android devices since 2009, and this is one of my absolute favorites of all time. I agree that production issues may abound, but that's what happens when you get in on the bleeding edge, and with a brand new company(And for every post like yours, I see many more positives). However, just because you will not lose warranty for rooting doesn't mean it is THEIR responsibility to fix your rooting issues. That's what this community(and their forum) is for.
Just ordered mine Friday. I have a Nexus 5 but just needed to check out this "Flagship Killer". Like you I have had a lot of devices and glad to hear you are liking your OPO.

Sent from my Nexus 5
OnePlus One (64GB), Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020,Galaxy S4 (32GB), Google Edition S4, S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB)
and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

DuckMcQUack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbactrumpetmsu View Post
Just sharing my experience. My feeling is that the quality is sub-par compared to other phones like the m8 or the Xperia z2.

Anyways, if you don't encounter ghost touch issue is just because you haven't used a swype keyboard or you don't write so many text messages.

The issue IS there, IS software related (poossibly due to touchscreen drivers), it has been added to CM JIRA, it HAS BEEN recognized by Cyanogenmod developers and they haven't still found a fix.

I have had a SGS4 and besides its sh***y design, It didn't have any of these issues.
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4

Salty Wagyu
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack View Post
The issue IS there, IS software related (poossibly due to touchscreen drivers), it has been added to CM JIRA, it HAS BEEN recognized by Cyanogenmod developers and they haven't still found a fix.
They have identified the touchscreen issue and said a fix would be out in a month, they need an updated driver from Synaptics. I don't have a source to the post to hand though
| OnePlus One 64GB | ROM: CM Nightly |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Stock |

| Nexus 7 16GB (Wi-Fi) | ROM: 4.4.4 Stock (rooted) | Xposed |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Franco |

PuffinNugz
Old
Thanks Meter 202
I've had the Galaxy S 1-4, Note 1&2, and the HTC M7 & M8. overall, the oneplus is my favorite of the bunch.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuffinNugz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vortex1969
Old
(Last edited by Vortex1969; 18th August 2014 at 07:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Wagyu View Post
They have identified the touchscreen issue and said a fix would be out in a month, they need an updated driver from Synaptics. I don't have a source to the post to hand though
CM just added the fix 3 hours ago.
Link
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...0d47e5c3041a04

Naddict
Old
Thanks Meter 13,807
Please go here for further discussion...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2685348

snickler
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 485

DONATE TO ME
Closing this thread due to duplicity. An existing thread that has the same subject exists here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2685348.

XDA-Developers Rule #1
Quote:
Search before posting.

Use one of our search functions before posting or creating a new thread. Whether you have a question or just something new to share, it's very likely that someone has already asked that question or shared that news.
My Apps:
R1ng3d | CloudMuzik V1.5 Now in the MarketPlace for both WP7 and WP8
My Projects and Contributions:
WP8 Registry Tools | Async Wrapper for WP7 Root Tools SDK
My Phones:
Lumia 1520 - (8.1) / Lumia 920 - (8.1) / Focus v1.3 (7.8 via Dynamics ROM)
Contact
twitter: @sinclairinator | fb for: CloudMuzik | Skype: jsinnie

The Following User Says Thank You to snickler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe