Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 49,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So You Want The One?

Tip us?

pandasa123
Old
(Last edited by pandasa123; 11th July 2014 at 05:22 PM.) Reason: Grammar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 949

DONATE TO ME
Default So You Want The One?

Hey guys, if you want the One, there are a ways of going about it...I'm speaking this from experience because I have gotten an invite, and 4 of my friends have (some devs, some not). I know some of these are obvious, but sometimes, people disregard some of the most obvious ways

So what's makes us special? That's the beautiful part: nothing

I'll start off by saying how I got it. I was one of the first 5000 members of the forums. But I never posted. like ever lol. Eventually, I checked my spam and saw the invite. Easy enough. So be alert

Next, one of my friends was the opposite of me. He was late to the forum, but really enjoyed the OnePlus community. He was very active. He got to the "kitkat" level in the forum system and soon enough, he got an invite. So be active

My second friend got it because he won one of their contests. Simple as that. So be aware.

Lastly, two of my friends got it via invites from people they knew. So be social.

Now, if you're really impatient, buy the ColorOS edition OnePlus, and flash CM11S onto it. That's my last piece of advice: be flexible

A summation for those who don't want to spend time:
  1. Be Alert
  2. Be Active
  3. Be Aware
  4. Be Social
My work:

For the HTC One XL:

SlimKat 4.4.4 | TWRP 2.7.0.8 | How to Update to 2.15 firmware | Accidentally Wiped Your Internal Storage?

For the HTC One Max:

SlimKat 4.4.4

For the HTC One Mini:

SlimKat 4.4.4

For the HTC Droid DNA:

SlimKat 4.4.4

For the Xiaomi Mi3:

SlimKat 4.4.4 | AOSP Flashing Guide

Other:

How To Get An Invite for the OnePlus One | Zoe Beta App for All Devices

Donate to me if you like my work or found anything I said helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to pandasa123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eksasol
Old
Thanks Meter 695
It's just a phone, not a Target's team members seminar. Pretty sure eventually the phone will become widely available and the exclusivity will wear off.
The Following User Says Thank You to eksasol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pandasa123
Old
(Last edited by pandasa123; 11th July 2014 at 05:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 949

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol View Post
It's just a phone, not a Target's team members seminar. Pretty sure eventually the phone will become widely available and the exclusivity will wear off.
Oh it will definitely. But people don't want to wait. There are literally thousands of people begging for invites on G+ and the OnePlus forums. I just thought I'd share my experiences to help the people who really want it

Also, I actually like Target lol. I made the post like this just because I thought it was easier to follow and simpler to remember
My work:

For the HTC One XL:

SlimKat 4.4.4 | TWRP 2.7.0.8 | How to Update to 2.15 firmware | Accidentally Wiped Your Internal Storage?

For the HTC One Max:

SlimKat 4.4.4

For the HTC One Mini:

SlimKat 4.4.4

For the HTC Droid DNA:

SlimKat 4.4.4

For the Xiaomi Mi3:

SlimKat 4.4.4 | AOSP Flashing Guide

Other:

How To Get An Invite for the OnePlus One | Zoe Beta App for All Devices

Donate to me if you like my work or found anything I said helpful
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pandasa123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naddict
Old
Thanks Meter 13,803
thanks...please go here...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2685348
The Following User Says Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm11s, invite, oneplus, oneplus one, oppo
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe