Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

300 incremental update

OP cmo23

21st August 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
So I'm still on stock 25R build. I never got the 300 update OTA but today I got an update for the "300 incremental update". Is this just the large 300 update combined with the small Incremental update that was released shortly after? I'm holding off from updating Bc of all the battery drain issues I've read about. Can anyone advise?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 24

165 posts
Is it possible to see the build date before updating ? If not do a nandroid backup , do update and see the build date. If it is 11th August , roll back to the nandroid backup. If after 11th August i guess battery drain is fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to dayanandgp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 68

378 posts
More
Both 30O updates were merged into one and this week you get the OTA in a single file. And no, it does not have the battery drain fixes yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dzhedaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayanandgp

Is it possible to see the build date before updating ? If not do a nandroid backup , do update and see the build date. If it is 11th August , roll back to the nandroid backup. If after 11th August i guess battery drain is fixed.

Battery drain is not fixed at all.
They've noticed the battery drain and solve it but, they will put the fix in the next ota (end of this month i guess). They are waiting that google verifies the ota.
21st August 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,487

13,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castore

Battery drain is not fixed at all.
They've noticed the battery drain and solve it but, they will put the fix in the next ota (end of this month i guess). They are waiting that google verifies the ota.

Google has nothing to do with OTAs on the OPO. They are waiting for the OTA to be quality assured and tested by the QA team and then verified by OnePlus as well as finalizing any other problems which are some pretty crucial problems that needs to be fixed before release.
21st August 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #6  

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Google has nothing to do with OTAs on the OPO. They are waiting for the OTA to be approved by partners/OnePlus as well as finalizing any other problems which are some pretty crucial problems that needs to be fixed before release.

If it's correct what I know, if you preinstall gapps you have to pass google control. At least is what has told me in cm11s thread.
Last edited by Castore; 21st August 2014 at 09:45 PM.
21st August 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

13,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If correct what I know, if you preinstall gapps you have to pass google control. At least is what has told me in cm11s thread.

Shrug.. I just know that there are still a lot of other kinks to be worked out, the biggest problem right now is that the newest commits are causing a problem with headset detection. I'm pretty sure that they're going to work out those issues before it gets sent to Google if Google is apart of the process.

None of us are employees at OnePlus or Cyanogen, so we're not really 100% certain about the OTA process. Either way, its coming.. if OP can't wait, then flash the nightlies or a custom ROM/kernel with these fixes already in place
21st August 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #8  

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Shrug.. I just know that there are still a lot of other kinks to be worked out, the biggest problem right now is that the newest commits are causing a problem with headset detection. I'm pretty sure that they're going to work out those issues before it gets sent to Google if Google is apart of the process.

None of us are employees at OnePlus or Cyanogen, so we're not really 100% certain about the OTA process. Either way, its coming.. if OP can't wait, then flash the nightlies or a custom ROM/kernel with these fixes already in place

Now I'm using Cm11 nightly that runs a lot better than 11s. At least no battery drain at all but, 11s has a lot features and optimization that are missing in Cyano "vanilla"
For example, my piston headset are not recognized with cm11, I have to use normal headset, no problem at all with 11s.
But the battery drain is too huge.
21st August 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

13,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Now I'm using Cm11 nightly that runs a lot better than 11s. At least no battery drain at all but, 11s has a lot features and optimization that are missing in Cyano "vanilla"
For example, my piston headset are not recognized with cm11, I have to use normal headset, no problem at all with 11s.
But the battery drain is too huge.

Thats what I meant by one of the crucial bugs happening right now with the nightlies. If OnePlus shipped the OTA with this problem, it'd fix some problems and arise new ones.

The workaround to the problem is to put your headset in half way to hear a static (have auto play music on) and then music should play, wait 2-3 secs and then insert it fully. Its being looked into as I've reported it. Not having any battery drains here, flash a kernel like Franco Kernel
Quote:

Merged the latest patches from CM which fix the high battery drain during idle that was introduced in the latest 30O OTA

If you still have battery problems then its user fault with wakelocks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread