XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adb issue

Tip us?

reinerlee
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam911x View Post
Bro 1 last thing how can i check is the bootloader is unlocked or not? cause i have installed a custom recovery
fastboot oem device-info

truckroot
Old
(Last edited by truckroot; 22nd July 2014 at 02:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam911x View Post
Bro 1 last thing how can i check is the bootloader is unlocked or not? cause i have installed a custom recovery
A locked bootloader does not allow for flashing a custom recovery through fastboot.

From my N5 or OPO

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckroot View Post
A locked bootloader does not allow for flashing a custom recovery through fastboot.

From my N5 or OPO
You can flash a custom recovery with a locked bootloader and there are threads in this forum to achieve it.

OP - you did nothing wrong you just needed to take the next step. It does not give any big indication its done other than the long time it takes to reboot. I rooted my phone before I put anything on it so if it got wiped I could not tell...

Glad you got it working
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!

truckroot
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
You can flash a custom recovery with a locked bootloader and there are threads in this forum to achieve it.
My bad, I thought bootloader needed to be unlocked to flash IMG files in fastboot.

From my N5 or OPO

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My bad, I thought bootloader needed to be unlocked to flash IMG files in fastboot.

From my N5 or OPO
nah its ok I have been seeing some debates about this in here. Now I am with you I unlock my bootloader and flash away but some simply flash the recovery then boot directly into the recovery to flash away. Of course there are some good and bad in regards to this but for the most part root can be achieved without unlocking your bootloader
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you

truckroot
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
nah its ok I have been seeing some debates about this in here. Now I am with you I unlock my bootloader and flash away but some simply flash the recovery then boot directly into the recovery to flash away. Of course there are some good and bad in regards to this but for the most part root can be achieved without unlocking your bootloader
I hear ya. Some are unlocking and just booting into a custom recovery for root without actually flashing the recovery.img file. For me I could care less about keeping the stock recovery.

From my N5 or OPO

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I hear ya. Some are unlocking and just booting into a custom recovery for root without actually flashing the recovery.img file. For me I could care less about keeping the stock recovery.

From my N5 or OPO
I agree with you... The problem is Iphone users are coming over and most need to relax and read up before jumping in. I dont like toolkits for that reason primarily. It does not help you learn about your phone and what the hell you about to do to it. Gotta read read read then read read again as far as I am concerned.

Oh well enjoy people... I am rooted with SlimKat!

truckroot
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
I agree with you... The problem is Iphone users are coming over and most need to relax and read up before jumping in. I dont like toolkits for that reason primarily. It does not help you learn about your phone and what the hell you about to do to it. Gotta read read read then read read again as far as I am concerned.

Oh well enjoy people... I am rooted with SlimKat!
Never used a toolkit, probably never will. Gonna flash Slim soon. Peace

From my N5 or OPO