Adb issue

OP sam911x

22nd July 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 47

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam911x

Bro 1 last thing how can i check is the bootloader is unlocked or not? cause i have installed a custom recovery

fastboot oem device-info
22nd July 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 48

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam911x

Bro 1 last thing how can i check is the bootloader is unlocked or not? cause i have installed a custom recovery

A locked bootloader does not allow for flashing a custom recovery through fastboot.

From my N5 or OPO
Last edited by truckroot; 22nd July 2014 at 02:42 PM.
22nd July 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #23  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,017

5,940 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckroot

A locked bootloader does not allow for flashing a custom recovery through fastboot.

From my N5 or OPO

You can flash a custom recovery with a locked bootloader and there are threads in this forum to achieve it.

OP - you did nothing wrong you just needed to take the next step. It does not give any big indication its done other than the long time it takes to reboot. I rooted my phone before I put anything on it so if it got wiped I could not tell...

Glad you got it working
22nd July 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #24  

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya

You can flash a custom recovery with a locked bootloader and there are threads in this forum to achieve it.

My bad, I thought bootloader needed to be unlocked to flash IMG files in fastboot.

From my N5 or OPO
22nd July 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #25  
Florida

5,940 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

My bad, I thought bootloader needed to be unlocked to flash IMG files in fastboot.

From my N5 or OPO

nah its ok I have been seeing some debates about this in here. Now I am with you I unlock my bootloader and flash away but some simply flash the recovery then boot directly into the recovery to flash away. Of course there are some good and bad in regards to this but for the most part root can be achieved without unlocking your bootloader
22nd July 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #26  

159 posts
Quote:

nah its ok I have been seeing some debates about this in here. Now I am with you I unlock my bootloader and flash away but some simply flash the recovery then boot directly into the recovery to flash away. Of course there are some good and bad in regards to this but for the most part root can be achieved without unlocking your bootloader

I hear ya. Some are unlocking and just booting into a custom recovery for root without actually flashing the recovery.img file. For me I could care less about keeping the stock recovery.

From my N5 or OPO
22nd July 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #27  
Florida

5,940 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I hear ya. Some are unlocking and just booting into a custom recovery for root without actually flashing the recovery.img file. For me I could care less about keeping the stock recovery.

From my N5 or OPO

I agree with you... The problem is Iphone users are coming over and most need to relax and read up before jumping in. I dont like toolkits for that reason primarily. It does not help you learn about your phone and what the hell you about to do to it. Gotta read read read then read read again as far as I am concerned.

Oh well enjoy people... I am rooted with SlimKat!
22nd July 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #28  

159 posts
Quote:

I agree with you... The problem is Iphone users are coming over and most need to relax and read up before jumping in. I dont like toolkits for that reason primarily. It does not help you learn about your phone and what the hell you about to do to it. Gotta read read read then read read again as far as I am concerned.

Oh well enjoy people... I am rooted with SlimKat!

Never used a toolkit, probably never will. Gonna flash Slim soon. Peace

From my N5 or OPO

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread