Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

AndroidOS Battery drain after camera failure

OP omvir

1st September 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 422

905 posts
Hello guys!
I am running cm11 nightlies. Ever since I've moved over to the nightlies, I'd notice my phone would have a very big drain overnight. Then I noticed it was because my phone wasn't going into deep sleep... After a reboot it would solve itself. After a few more days of this happening, I noticed a trend. Every time my camera failed to start(can't connect to the camera), my phone would stop going into deep sleep until the next reboot. Then I used BBS to see which wakelocks were being held, and there were 3: video1, video2, and msm_CCI_wakelock.

Does anyone else have a similar thing going on with their device?

Does the camera usually fail for you guys on the nightlies?

Any solutions other than switching ROM's?

Thanks.
1st September 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 68

380 posts
More
Only switched to nightlies a couple of days ago (used 0830 and 0831). Haven't had a single camera failure yet...
Which version of CM11S did you use before nightlies? Maybe ithas to do something with non system/data partitions, that came as part of 11S?
1st September 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag Rugby
Thanks Meter: 142

254 posts
More
Was it initially a clean or dirty install of CM11? If it was dirty it might be worth trying clean as you may still have some of the camera settings from CM11s - camera being one of the 'special' differences between the two.
1st September 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 422

905 posts
I actually only used cm11s for a few minutes before I rooted it and went to nightlies. And it was a clean install...
1st September 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 68

380 posts
More
I you went from 25R, I'd say flash the radio and other stuff from 33R to be sure it's not the cause.
2nd September 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #6  
Flag Blackmist Town
Thanks Meter: 371

1,306 posts
Why did you guys move from 11s to nightlies. What's the benefit

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
2nd September 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omvir

Hello guys!
I am running cm11 nightlies. Ever since I've moved over to the nightlies, I'd notice my phone would have a very big drain overnight. Then I noticed it was because my phone wasn't going into deep sleep... After a reboot it would solve itself. After a few more days of this happening, I noticed a trend. Every time my camera failed to start(can't connect to the camera), my phone would stop going into deep sleep until the next reboot. Then I used BBS to see which wakelocks were being held, and there were 3: video1, video2, and msm_CCI_wakelock.

Does anyone else have a similar thing going on with their device?

Does the camera usually fail for you guys on the nightlies?

Any solutions other than switching ROM's?

Thanks.

It is because you have do desactivate the option of "Quick Boot" in developer settings

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread