TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

ART problems with service

OP rbnhan89

30th August 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
More
So I finally enabled ART as my runtime and came across a problem. I am complete stock with no adjustment until now. Its smooth as eggs but now my internet doesn't even go LTE nor 4g. I've been stuck at h+ rather than mainly on LTE. As I am writing this, I always have LTE in this spot before i enabled ART but it takes like 15 mins to to convert from H+ to LTE. Or if I reboot it'll go back to LTE. Is this a problem that usually occur? If so, I cannot find the solution for it.

May a beautiful soul assist me on this problem thanks!!!
30th August 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 29

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnhan89

So I finally enabled ART as my runtime and came across a problem. I am complete stock with no adjustment until now. Its smooth as eggs but now my internet doesn't even go LTE nor 4g. I've been stuck at h+ rather than mainly on LTE. As I am writing this, I always have LTE in this spot before i enabled ART but it takes like 15 mins to to convert from H+ to LTE. Or if I reboot it'll go back to LTE. Is this a problem that usually occur? If so, I cannot find the solution for it.

May a beautiful soul assist me on this problem thanks!!!

ART shouldn't affect how your radio/modem works because it is only used to run apps. Have you tested this by switching back to dalvik?
The Following User Says Thank You to kokocabana For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokocabana

ART shouldn't affect how your radio/modem works because it is only used to run apps. Have you tested this by switching back to dalvik?

That's my exact reason why I'm confused. It shouldn't be messing with any modem/radio but only apps. I haven't switched back but maybe I should. I really liked the smoothness ART brings to the table. Thanks
30th August 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 29

144 posts
More
What I'm saying is that ART isn't the problem. It could be a bug with cyanogen or the latest OTA indicates that it may have updated the modem. Have you checked if your preferred network type isn't set to 3G in settings?

Sent from my A0001
31st August 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokocabana

What I'm saying is that ART isn't the problem. It could be a bug with cyanogen or the latest OTA indicates that it may have updated the modem. Have you checked if your preferred network type isn't set to 3G in settings?

Sent from my A0001

Yeah checked that and the APN as well. About to go back to the old way
31st August 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia

34 posts
More
I just did it. Its back to normal without any problem getting LTE etc. Sniffles I was liking ART
Last edited by rbnhan89; 31st August 2014 at 02:20 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread