FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] No Custom Lockscreen Wallpaper after OTA update

13th August 2014, 03:06 AM |#1  
26.2man's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Forest Hill MD
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
I installed (adb sideloaded) one of the provided ota's today and everything works ok except I cannot install any different lockscreen wallpaper. It always stays the same ans the wallpaper on my homescreen. Doesnt sound like a big deal but I just want everything to work. Anyone found a fix for this yet
 
 
13th August 2014, 03:24 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 18,192
 
Donate to Me
More
Settings -> Themes -> Lock Screen Wallpapers -> Select
13th August 2014, 03:27 AM |#3  
26.2man's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Forest Hill MD
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Settings -> Themes -> Lock Screen Wallpapers -> Select

I do that and it does change anything.
13th August 2014, 03:38 PM |#4  
theorioles33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 737
 
More
I was just going to post about this. Same here. When using the Cyanogenmod "custom" lock screen the wallpapers change but when I use the standard Android lock screen, the wallpaper always remains the same as the home screen. This started after the update which I also happened to side load the provided OTA update. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.
13th August 2014, 04:55 PM |#5  
26.2man's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Forest Hill MD
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theorioles33

I was just going to post about this. Same here. When using the Cyanogenmod "custom" lock screen the wallpapers change but when I use the standard Android lock screen, the wallpaper always remains the same as the home screen. This started after the update which I also happened to side load the provided OTA update. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Mine wouldnt change either way! I went back to the previous build. Did you side load or get the real ota?
13th August 2014, 05:20 PM |#6  
theorioles33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 737
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26.2man

Mine wouldnt change either way! I went back to the previous build. Did you side load or get the real ota?

I side loaded the OTA. Going to trying flashing the 4.4.4 image from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...ph30o-t2845100

See what happens. It may be just a bug and not the method of flashing.
13th August 2014, 09:12 PM |#7  
26.2man's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Forest Hill MD
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theorioles33

I side loaded the OTA. Going to trying flashing the 4.4.4 image from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...ph30o-t2845100

See what happens. It may be just a bug and not the method of flashing.

What was your results?
13th August 2014, 09:47 PM |#8  
theorioles33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 737
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26.2man

What was your results?

I'll let you know in a few hours when I get home from work.
13th August 2014, 11:21 PM |#9  
26.2man's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Forest Hill MD
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theorioles33

I'll let you know in a few hours when I get home from work.

thanks
14th August 2014, 12:12 AM |#10  
theorioles33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 737
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26.2man

thanks

Ok. Wiping and flashing the 4.4.4 ROM didnt fix it. Really bizarre. I'm chalking this up as a bug.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in ONE Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank