FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[Q] Bricked one

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By brooklynchildxbc, Junior Member on 8th July 2014, 07:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
os deleted and just stuck on one+ logo can boot in to twrp or fast boot what can i do?
 
 
8th July 2014, 08:05 AM |#2  
acuicultor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palma de Mallorca
Thanks Meter: 668
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchildxbc

os deleted and just stuck on one+ logo can boot in to twrp or fast boot what can i do?

Push a custom rom via adb and flash in recovery or flash stock images via fastboot
8th July 2014, 08:27 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuicultor

Push a custom rom via adb and flash in recovery or flash stock images via fastboot

i tried adb won't work and fastboot not doing anything i keeping getting a error saying that bootloader locked or can't erase
what really pisses me off i didn't even brick it a dumbass friend of mine did thinking he knew what he was doing.
8th July 2014, 09:27 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchildxbc

i tried adb won't work and fastboot not doing anything i keeping getting a error saying that bootloader locked or can't erase
what really pisses me off i didn't even brick it a dumbass friend of mine did thinking he knew what he was doing.

Is fastboot working? Unlock bootloader and push custom recovery there. Go to adb sideload and that should work eventually. I had an issue with HTC One M7 - someone deleted sytem, and cyanogenmod installer helped, because it pushed CWM recovery, maybe try that one as well?
8th July 2014, 09:45 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boober78

Is fastboot working? Unlock bootloader and push custom recovery there. Go to adb sideload and that should work eventually. I had an issue with HTC One M7 - someone deleted sytem, and cyanogenmod installer helped, because it pushed CWM recovery, maybe try that one as well?

thank you so much i gave up then tried what you said then all of a sudden adb connected and i sideloaded the update file and got it back
8th July 2014, 10:05 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchildxbc

thank you so much i gave up then tried what you said then all of a sudden adb connected and i sideloaded the update file and got it back

No problem. I'm glad I could help

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
8th July 2014, 10:26 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag kilkenny
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchildxbc

thank you so much i gave up then tried what you said then all of a sudden adb connected and i sideloaded the update file and got it back

Don't give up.... I was in the same position like you for a couple days....and now is fix by my self..... If you unlock your bootloader try to lock back (fastboot oem lock) now try to flash via fastboot Philz Recovery ( try until is rebooting himself into recovery) .... After that put on a memory stick the new system .... You may need to mount the USB flash drive ..... That's exactly what I have done....Good Luck ...
9th July 2014, 03:46 AM |#8  
LiquidSolstice's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,887
 
More
It is damn near IMPOSSIBLE to actualy, truly "brick" these devices. There are way too many safeguards in place.

Be careful before announcing that you are "bricked". Bootlooping (which is what your device was doing) is not "bricked". As long as you have fastboot, you can always reflash recovery, and then use recovery to reflash your custom ROM (or you can bypass all of that and reflash the factory images from fastboot).

Don't panic, you know more than you think you know. Just don't get freaked out, and read. You'll be fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes