Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked one

OP brooklynchildxbc

8th July 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
os deleted and just stuck on one+ logo can boot in to twrp or fast boot what can i do?
8th July 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Palma de Mallorca
Thanks Meter: 412

769 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchildxbc

os deleted and just stuck on one+ logo can boot in to twrp or fast boot what can i do?

Push a custom rom via adb and flash in recovery or flash stock images via fastboot
8th July 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuicultor

Push a custom rom via adb and flash in recovery or flash stock images via fastboot

i tried adb won't work and fastboot not doing anything i keeping getting a error saying that bootloader locked or can't erase
what really pisses me off i didn't even brick it a dumbass friend of mine did thinking he knew what he was doing.
8th July 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 7

120 posts
More
Quote:

i tried adb won't work and fastboot not doing anything i keeping getting a error saying that bootloader locked or can't erase
what really pisses me off i didn't even brick it a dumbass friend of mine did thinking he knew what he was doing.

Is fastboot working? Unlock bootloader and push custom recovery there. Go to adb sideload and that should work eventually. I had an issue with HTC One M7 - someone deleted sytem, and cyanogenmod installer helped, because it pushed CWM recovery, maybe try that one as well?
8th July 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boober78

Is fastboot working? Unlock bootloader and push custom recovery there. Go to adb sideload and that should work eventually. I had an issue with HTC One M7 - someone deleted sytem, and cyanogenmod installer helped, because it pushed CWM recovery, maybe try that one as well?

thank you so much i gave up then tried what you said then all of a sudden adb connected and i sideloaded the update file and got it back
8th July 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #6  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 7

120 posts
More
Quote:

thank you so much i gave up then tried what you said then all of a sudden adb connected and i sideloaded the update file and got it back

No problem. I'm glad I could help

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
8th July 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag kilkenny

5 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Don't give up.... I was in the same position like you for a couple days....and now is fix by my self..... If you unlock your bootloader try to lock back (fastboot oem lock) now try to flash via fastboot Philz Recovery ( try until is rebooting himself into recovery) .... After that put on a memory stick the new system .... You may need to mount the USB flash drive ..... That's exactly what I have done....Good Luck ...
9th July 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,496

4,690 posts
More
It is damn near IMPOSSIBLE to actualy, truly "brick" these devices. There are way too many safeguards in place.

Be careful before announcing that you are "bricked". Bootlooping (which is what your device was doing) is not "bricked". As long as you have fastboot, you can always reflash recovery, and then use recovery to reflash your custom ROM (or you can bypass all of that and reflash the factory images from fastboot).

Don't panic, you know more than you think you know. Just don't get freaked out, and read. You'll be fine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread