Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Has anyone in Canada, B.C. bought the one plus one?

Tip us?

omvir
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Default [Q] Has anyone in Canada, B.C. bought the one plus one?

If so, which version and how much was the final price you paid for your opo?

kokocabana
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by omvir View Post
If so, which version and how much was the final price you paid for your opo?
I think all the invites are only for 64GB right now. I can't remember if I was allowed to choose when ordering not like anyone would get 16GB though I do love that white cover.

I just got mine in Vancouver. Ordered on July 31st, shipped Aug 1st, and arrived on Aug 5th. Missed delivery so I just picked it up yesteday. Shipping to Canada only allowed express shipping option by DHL and that added $27.99USD on top of the $350USD. Exchange rate at 1.118 on my credit card ended up charging me $422.97CAD. Duties and taxes was $54.03CAD which you have to pay on delivery or you can pay online after it comes out of customs and before it gets to you. I could have shipped it to Point Roberts or Blaine to avoid the taxes and customs fees and US shipping only has regular shipping option for $14.99USD. I didn't have time to go down on a weekend to pick it up so I didn't bother.
Oneplus One 64GB (CM11S)
HTC Desire (MildWild 5.0) - Retired

omvir
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokocabana View Post
I think all the invites are only for 64GB right now. I can't remember if I was allowed to choose when ordering not like anyone would get 16GB though I do love that white cover.

I just got mine in Vancouver. Ordered on July 31st, shipped Aug 1st, and arrived on Aug 5th. Missed delivery so I just picked it up yesteday. Shipping to Canada only allowed express shipping option by DHL and that added $27.99USD on top of the $350USD. Exchange rate at 1.118 on my credit card ended up charging me $422.97CAD. Duties and taxes was $54.03CAD which you have to pay on delivery or you can pay online after it comes out of customs and before it gets to you. I could have shipped it to Point Roberts or Blaine to avoid the taxes and customs fees and US shipping only has regular shipping option for $14.99USD. I didn't have time to go down on a weekend to pick it up so I didn't bother.
Thanks man! I am about to buy an invite off of someone in Vancouver for $30. I've got a mailbox over in Blaine that I will probably just use. Not worth those extra charges to get it shipped to me

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,310

DONATE TO ME
You're paying for an invite?

Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

Cuzz1369
Old
Thanks Meter 1,461

DONATE TO ME
Final price after duties and delivery and exchange rate was $490. Not such a great deal after all.
CandyKat Team Member/Maintaner

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5088242_2.gif

http://the-candy-shop.co/index.html

kokocabana
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Why is it not a great deal? I spent $477 total on this phone and if I bought an unlocked HTC m8 it would have been $700+$84 tax or the S5 at 730+$88 tax. I saved over $300 already. If you sign up for a 2 year contract with the big 3 in Canada, they'll give you an S5 for $100, but lock you into a 80/month plan.
Oneplus One 64GB (CM11S)

naztybox
Old
Thanks Meter 3
That's right guys. I also ended up paying $490 CAD here in Winnipeg. This phone is such a great deal for us Canadians. 13% Tax here really hurts local buyers.
Current phones:
  • OnePlus One on Telus Canada (Local)
  • Sony Ericsson W810i on Globe Telecom Philippines (Roaming)
Old phones: Nokia 6510, Sony Ericsson K750i, Nokia 1280, Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747M, Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100

decane
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Shipped to Blaine for a total of around 366usd. Declared at border and officer didn't care and just said bye

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

kokocabana
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by decane View Post
Shipped to Blaine for a total of around 366usd. Declared at border and officer didn't care and just said bye

Nice, I was in a hurry to get it and wouldn't be able to go down for 2 weeks so I ate the extra cost.
Oneplus One 64GB (CM11S)

C0mpass
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by decane View Post

Yeah, I just bought the OPO and now i'm kicking myself for not sending it to blaine..