Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Has anyone in Canada, B.C. bought the one plus one?

OP omvir

7th August 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 422

905 posts
If so, which version and how much was the final price you paid for your opo?
7th August 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 31

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omvir

If so, which version and how much was the final price you paid for your opo?

I think all the invites are only for 64GB right now. I can't remember if I was allowed to choose when ordering not like anyone would get 16GB though I do love that white cover.

I just got mine in Vancouver. Ordered on July 31st, shipped Aug 1st, and arrived on Aug 5th. Missed delivery so I just picked it up yesteday. Shipping to Canada only allowed express shipping option by DHL and that added $27.99USD on top of the $350USD. Exchange rate at 1.118 on my credit card ended up charging me $422.97CAD. Duties and taxes was $54.03CAD which you have to pay on delivery or you can pay online after it comes out of customs and before it gets to you. I could have shipped it to Point Roberts or Blaine to avoid the taxes and customs fees and US shipping only has regular shipping option for $14.99USD. I didn't have time to go down on a weekend to pick it up so I didn't bother.
7th August 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 422

905 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokocabana

I think all the invites are only for 64GB right now. I can't remember if I was allowed to choose when ordering not like anyone would get 16GB though I do love that white cover.

I just got mine in Vancouver. Ordered on July 31st, shipped Aug 1st, and arrived on Aug 5th. Missed delivery so I just picked it up yesteday. Shipping to Canada only allowed express shipping option by DHL and that added $27.99USD on top of the $350USD. Exchange rate at 1.118 on my credit card ended up charging me $422.97CAD. Duties and taxes was $54.03CAD which you have to pay on delivery or you can pay online after it comes out of customs and before it gets to you. I could have shipped it to Point Roberts or Blaine to avoid the taxes and customs fees and US shipping only has regular shipping option for $14.99USD. I didn't have time to go down on a weekend to pick it up so I didn't bother.

Thanks man! I am about to buy an invite off of someone in Vancouver for $30. I've got a mailbox over in Blaine that I will probably just use. Not worth those extra charges to get it shipped to me
7th August 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,495

15,442 posts
Donate to Me
More
You're paying for an invite?

Transmitted via Bacon
18th August 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 2,072

2,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Final price after duties and delivery and exchange rate was $490. Not such a great deal after all.
18th August 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #6  

148 posts
More
Why is it not a great deal? I spent $477 total on this phone and if I bought an unlocked HTC m8 it would have been $700+$84 tax or the S5 at 730+$88 tax. I saved over $300 already. If you sign up for a 2 year contract with the big 3 in Canada, they'll give you an S5 for $100, but lock you into a 80/month plan.
18th August 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #7  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 3

34 posts
More
That's right guys. I also ended up paying $490 CAD here in Winnipeg. This phone is such a great deal for us Canadians. 13% Tax here really hurts local buyers.
18th August 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Shipped to Blaine for a total of around 366usd. Declared at border and officer didn't care and just said bye

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
18th August 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #9  

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decane

Shipped to Blaine for a total of around 366usd. Declared at border and officer didn't care and just said bye

Nice, I was in a hurry to get it and wouldn't be able to go down for 2 weeks so I ate the extra cost.
5th September 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decane

Yeah, I just bought the OPO and now i'm kicking myself for not sending it to blaine..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread