XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more
Post Reply

Carrier icons?

OP ajent

10th July 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #1  
ajent's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Daytona Beach
Thanks Meter: 40
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Donate to Me
More
I just recently got ATT for this phone. I like ATT's signal icons but haven't figured out a way to change them in CM to look that way.
Is it possible? Tried searching here and Google with little results. Also tried some build prop info I found but it didn't work.

Thanks
10th July 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #2  
treChoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajent

I just recently got ATT for this phone. I like ATT's signal icons but haven't figured out a way to change them in CM to look that way.
Is it possible? Tried searching here and Google with little results. Also tried some build prop info I found but it didn't work.

Thanks

Don't think that's possible, mate. AT&T's (and every other carrier's) custom icons aren't implemented in the One's SystemUI.apk , because OnePlus isn't affiliated with any carrier.
The Following User Says Thank You to treChoy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #3  
C13v3r0n3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
You could pull the icons from a att ROM and just overwrite the ones in your ROMs systemui. Picture files are not compiled so you can just drop em in and go, just use winrar or 7zip to open them and see which files you need to replace.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th July 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #4  
treChoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C13v3r0n3

You could pull the icons from a att ROM and just overwrite the ones in your ROMs systemui. Picture files are not compiled so you can just drop em in and go, just use winrar or 7zip to open them and see which files you need to replace.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Won't work unfortunately. The SystemUI.apk is odexed, so theming is impossible.
14th July 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #5  
C13v3r0n3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
Ah, I've been running paranoid android, didn't think about cm11 being odexed.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th July 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #6  
jase33's Avatar
Recognized Themer
- /
Thanks Meter: 1,739
 
1,599 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by treChoy

Won't work unfortunately. The SystemUI.apk is odexed, so theming is impossible.

Its not impossible to theme an indexed apk

Sent from my OnePlus One
14th July 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #7  
treChoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 120
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase33

Its not impossible to theme an indexed apk

Sent from my OnePlus One

Well not impossible. It just makes it a hell of a lot harder than it needs to be..

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in ONE Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank