FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Carrier icons?

242 posts
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just recently got ATT for this phone. I like ATT's signal icons but haven't figured out a way to change them in CM to look that way.
Is it possible? Tried searching here and Google with little results. Also tried some build prop info I found but it didn't work.

Thanks
 
 
10th July 2014, 04:21 AM |#2  
treChoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajent

I just recently got ATT for this phone. I like ATT's signal icons but haven't figured out a way to change them in CM to look that way.
Is it possible? Tried searching here and Google with little results. Also tried some build prop info I found but it didn't work.

Thanks

Don't think that's possible, mate. AT&T's (and every other carrier's) custom icons aren't implemented in the One's SystemUI.apk , because OnePlus isn't affiliated with any carrier.
The Following User Says Thank You to treChoy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 09:46 PM |#3  
C13v3r0n3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 245
 
Donate to Me
More
You could pull the icons from a att ROM and just overwrite the ones in your ROMs systemui. Picture files are not compiled so you can just drop em in and go, just use winrar or 7zip to open them and see which files you need to replace.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th July 2014, 12:53 AM |#4  
treChoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C13v3r0n3

You could pull the icons from a att ROM and just overwrite the ones in your ROMs systemui. Picture files are not compiled so you can just drop em in and go, just use winrar or 7zip to open them and see which files you need to replace.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Won't work unfortunately. The SystemUI.apk is odexed, so theming is impossible.
14th July 2014, 01:16 AM |#5  
C13v3r0n3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 245
 
Donate to Me
More
Ah, I've been running paranoid android, didn't think about cm11 being odexed.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th July 2014, 02:16 AM |#6  
jase33's Avatar
Recognized Themer
- /
Thanks Meter: 1,748
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treChoy

Won't work unfortunately. The SystemUI.apk is odexed, so theming is impossible.

Its not impossible to theme an indexed apk

Sent from my OnePlus One
14th July 2014, 02:20 AM |#7  
treChoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase33

Its not impossible to theme an indexed apk

Sent from my OnePlus One

Well not impossible. It just makes it a hell of a lot harder than it needs to be..

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes