Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Chinese Opo Will not work on any carrier :(

Tip us?

Whelan189
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Chinese Opo Will not work on any carrier :(

Hey Guys purchase the 16GB oneplus one from china, I use 3g Tmobile, and tryed vodaphone also but Can not get any signal!

Going to the network it comes up with EE,EE, Vodaphone, 3 Ect, I click on them and all of them say 'your sim card does not allow a connection to this network' really frustrating, tried entering apns manually but as soon as i save it dissapears, tryed everything, resetting, reflashing 11s, Other people have bougth the chinese one and works fine in the uk, mine will not budge!

Also tried new sims cards ect, please help me save my paperweight

p51d007
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whelan189 View Post
Hey Guys purchase the 16GB oneplus one from china, I use 3g Tmobile, and tryed vodaphone also but Can not get any signal!

Going to the network it comes up with EE,EE, Vodaphone, 3 Ect, I click on them and all of them say 'your sim card does not allow a connection to this network' really frustrating, tried entering apns manually but as soon as i save it dissapears, tryed everything, resetting, reflashing 11s, Other people have bougth the chinese one and works fine in the uk, mine will not budge!

Also tried new sims cards ect, please help me save my paperweight
Which is why you shouldn't purchase a non compatible phone, for use in another area?
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment, protects the 1st.

Huawei Ascend Mate2
ROM: 4.3

Chris123NT
Old
Thanks Meter 415
This is why you shouldn't buy this phone from the scalpers. The chinese version does not support many of the worldwide bands that the "global" version of the phone does. My advice would be to try to sell it to someone who can use it and sign up on the OnePlus forums and wait for an invite for the CM version which supports the bands you need.
Current Phones:
OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black (Daily driver)
Google Nexus 5
Moto X Dev

Previous Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Dev Edition VZW - Bricked and samsung told me to go pound sand
Samsung Galaxy SIII VZW

Wombat
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Get a new sim, sounds like an old sim that doesn't have the updated CellID info in it.

I had to change my 3 sim when I had my SGS4 as it wouldn't register because it was too old.

Sent from Uranus via OnePlus

d4fseeker
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whelan189 View Post
'your sim card does not allow a connection to this network' really frustrating, tried entering apns manually but as soon as i save it dissapears, tryed everything, resetting, reflashing 11s
I had that happen to me on the interational one and felt quite dumb afterwards...
Make sure the SIM card tray is rotated DOWN so that the contacts on the sim card look to the back of the phone.
It will fit both ways (imho a very strange design choice) but with a tiny little space left when rotated the wrong way.

In other words: turn the phone on it's screen before inserting the sim card facing you.
I have _NO_ clue why the phone thinks it has a SIM card when obviously it cannot access it...
Samsung S1Samsung S3Oneplus One
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d4fseeker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Whelan189
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4fseeker View Post
I had that happen to me on the interational one and felt quite dumb afterwards...
Make sure the SIM card tray is rotated DOWN so that the contacts on the sim card look to the back of the phone.
It will fit both ways (imho a very strange design choice) but with a tiny little space left when rotated the wrong way.

In other words: turn the phone on it's screen before inserting the sim card facing you.
I have _NO_ clue why the phone thinks it has a SIM card when obviously it cannot access it...
OMG
I LOVE YOU MAN

i tried everything:L how silly is the design, i though i was going to hve to make a loss hhaha cba to send back to china thanks so much
this is why xda is the best thread