[Q] Chrome for Android thinks Wikipedia is installed - it's not

19th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Ok, so recently I've noticed that my chrome browser for android on my new OPO seems to think that Wikipedia is installed when it's not. It's never been installed on my OPO, and it's not installed on any of my other android devices (Nexus 7 and SGSII), although the problem appears on those devices too. I'm not sure if it happened before I got the OPO, but it may have and I just didn't notice.

So I click on a link for Wikipedia and instead of opening the app, it just redirects me to the play store to install it. It's very annoying. The same thing appears to happen with IMDB (same situation - no app installed, never has been) ...

Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-19-11-46-35.png
Views:	8
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	2903834  
19th August 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,051

12,895 posts
Donate to Me
More
Settings -> Apps -> All (Swipe right) -> Launch by default, clear defaults. See if the problem still happens. If it does, try downloading https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.chrome.beta and see if the problems still occurs.
19th August 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Settings -> Apps -> All (Swipe right) -> Launch by default, clear defaults. See if the problem still happens. If it does, try downloading https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.chrome.beta and see if the problems still occurs.

Ok, not seeing the "launch by default" I tried resetting all app preferences (and was asked whether I wanted to use trebuchet or nova launcher when I pushed the home button, suggesting it cleared that preference at least). Still no dice.

Problem also displays on Chrome Beta
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread