Creak/squeak during vibration

OP blak24

4th July 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Falconara Marittima
Thanks Meter: 10

171 posts
More
Hello everybody, I wrote this also in the official OPO forum, but nobody seems to have my problem. Basically when the phone vibrates (during typing, with notifications or anything else), most of the times I can hear a sort of creak/squeak coming from the phone, probably corresponding to the vibrating mechanism inside the phone. If I try to push through the back cover nothing happens, it's very solid and does not squeak as my old Nexus 5 did. It seems like something coming from the inside. I think it could be related to the vibrating mechanism touching somewhere on the motherboard or any other piece of hardware inside the phone.

Anyone else has the same problem? That's quite disappointing
29th July 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 3

8 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey there,

Oddly enough I have noticed the same thing. Not sure if its worth me kicking a stink up over it or not yet.
29th July 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Placerville, California
Thanks Meter: 80

5,451 posts
More
Just received my OPO today and I have the same issue. I had this issue on some Nokia 920 and some older HTC phones. After doing a warranty replacement on those devices the problem went away. Its definitely a hardware issue in my opinion.

Still deciding if I want to keep this phone. Also have the yellow hue problem at the bottom of the phone and some very dim capacitive touch screen buttons.

Its a shame. I'm really enjoying this phone for other reasons.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th July 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 314

2,015 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay

Just received my OPO today and I have the same issue. I had this issue on some Nokia 920 and some older HTC phones. After doing a warranty replacement on those devices the problem went away. Its definitely a hardware issue in my opinion.

Still deciding if I want to keep this phone. Also have the yellow hue problem at the bottom of the phone and some very dim capacitive touch screen buttons.

Its a shame. I'm really enjoying this phone for other reasons.

1) The yellow hue at the bottom of the screen is supposed to go away over time.

2) The capacitive buttons are intended to be dim so that's definitely not a defect.

29th July 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #5  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Placerville, California
Thanks Meter: 80

5,451 posts
More
Thank you for the quick response. After using the phone for the past couple of hours it seems the yellow hue has already gone done. Either that or my eyes are adjusting to it.

I wish you could adjust the brightness of the buttons. Maybe a future software update will fix that. I also have turned off the capacitive button but you lose some screen real estate by doing that.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread