Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Creak/squeak during vibration

Tip us?

blak24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Creak/squeak during vibration

Hello everybody, I wrote this also in the official OPO forum, but nobody seems to have my problem. Basically when the phone vibrates (during typing, with notifications or anything else), most of the times I can hear a sort of creak/squeak coming from the phone, probably corresponding to the vibrating mechanism inside the phone. If I try to push through the back cover nothing happens, it's very solid and does not squeak as my old Nexus 5 did. It seems like something coming from the inside. I think it could be related to the vibrating mechanism touching somewhere on the motherboard or any other piece of hardware inside the phone.

Anyone else has the same problem? That's quite disappointing

theshaun
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Hey there,

Oddly enough I have noticed the same thing. Not sure if its worth me kicking a stink up over it or not yet.

AllTheWay
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 80
Just received my OPO today and I have the same issue. I had this issue on some Nokia 920 and some older HTC phones. After doing a warranty replacement on those devices the problem went away. Its definitely a hardware issue in my opinion.

Still deciding if I want to keep this phone. Also have the yellow hue problem at the bottom of the phone and some very dim capacitive touch screen buttons.

Its a shame. I'm really enjoying this phone for other reasons.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | LG G2 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Samsung Galaxy Note II | Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 | ASUS Vivo RT LTE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

What is XDA-DEVS
RULES: Please read this before posting

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay View Post
Just received my OPO today and I have the same issue. I had this issue on some Nokia 920 and some older HTC phones. After doing a warranty replacement on those devices the problem went away. Its definitely a hardware issue in my opinion.

Still deciding if I want to keep this phone. Also have the yellow hue problem at the bottom of the phone and some very dim capacitive touch screen buttons.

Its a shame. I'm really enjoying this phone for other reasons.

1) The yellow hue at the bottom of the screen is supposed to go away over time.

2) The capacitive buttons are intended to be dim so that's definitely not a defect.

AllTheWay
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 80
Thank you for the quick response. After using the phone for the past couple of hours it seems the yellow hue has already gone done. Either that or my eyes are adjusting to it.

I wish you could adjust the brightness of the buttons. Maybe a future software update will fix that. I also have turned off the capacitive button but you lose some screen real estate by doing that.

Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | LG G2 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Samsung Galaxy Note II | Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 | ASUS Vivo RT LTE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

What is XDA-DEVS
RULES: Please read this before posting