Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Driver Issues

Tip us?

justinblaine23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Driver Issues

For whatever Reason I cannot get the drivers installed on either of my computers and thus cannot unlock the bootloader for my device. I am familair with rooting and installing roms as I have done so on two separate devices previously. However, I cannot get the phone to be recognized in Device manager with either the Samsung drivers or the Google drivers. All I get is The One with the yellow exclamation point.

Anybody else had this issue? If not does anybody have any suggestions as to what may be causing the issue?

Thanks!

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,734

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried Universal Naked Drivers? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386956
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

justinblaine23
Old
(Last edited by justinblaine23; 21st August 2014 at 02:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
[QUOTE=zephiK;54954022]Have you tried Universal Naked Drivers? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386956[/QUOTE

I just tried and still no luck. Also the Universal Naked Drivers didn't have any sort of install file so I'm not entirely sure what do do after I've downloaded. I tried using the "Have Disk" option but no luck. Maybe you know how to use them ?

I did a full uninstall of all the previous drivers I had installed for the One and uninstalled the device in device mgr prior to downloading the universal naked ones.

Also, the device is recognized fine in MTP mode. It goes to the "Unknown" Status once I turn on Debugging.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,734

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=justinblaine23;54954162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Have you tried Universal Naked Drivers? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386956[/QUOTE

I just tried and still no luck. Also the Universal Naked Drivers didn't have any sort of install file so I'm not entirely sure what do do after I've downloaded. I tried using the "Have Disk" option but no luck. Maybe you know how to use them ?

I did a full uninstall of all the previous drivers I had installed for the One and uninstalled the device in device mgr prior to downloading the universal naked ones.

Also, the device is recognized fine in MTP mode. It goes to the "Unknown" Status once I turn on Debugging.
You would manually install the drivers. If you read the thread, the installation process is in there. If you run W8.1 you will need to disable driver signature which is also explained in the thread.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

bash_array
Old
Thanks Meter 722

DONATE TO ME
Download android SDK package. The standard android drivers are included. I'm assuming you are wanting to Oem unlock your device and can't get ADB debugging working
Droid Charge, Humble Rom By: Danalo1979
Twitter: @Danalo1979

justinblaine23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I fixed it by using Google's drivers and selecting them in device manager for each state the phone was in. Ex: mtp, debugging on/off and once after connecting with fastboot. Thanks to all that responded!