Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dual Boot - possible?

Tip us?

ShermCraig
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
Default Dual Boot - possible?

Wondering if anyone is working on this or if it is even possible? Would love to throw the latest Windows 8.1 on here too!
If my post annoys you in some small way, or if my question (or your question to which I offered a snarky reply) has been asked dozens of times before, please hit the "Thanks" button. Remember, this IS a popularity contest!

Are YOU an XDA NOOB?

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,834

DONATE TO ME
Doesn't belong in this forum,
See http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...tirom-t2809151

Windows 8.1 is closed source and will not ported to Android devices since it would be copyright infringement and Microsoft would most likely send a Cease & Desist.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShermCraig
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Doesn't belong in this forum,
See http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...tirom-t2809151

Windows 8.1 is closed source and will not ported to Android devices since it would be copyright infringement and Microsoft would most likely send a Cease & Desist.
What forum does it belong in (unless you posted this before it was moved to Q&A)?

I searched "Dual Boot" but not "multirom"! Live and learn....
If my post annoys you in some small way, or if my question (or your question to which I offered a snarky reply) has been asked dozens of times before, please hit the "Thanks" button. Remember, this IS a popularity contest!

Are YOU an XDA NOOB?

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,834

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermCraig View Post
What forum does it belong in (unless you posted this before it was moved to Q&A)?

I searched "Dual Boot" but not "multirom"! Live and learn....
You posted it in development forums, I reported the thread and the mod moved it here.

MultiROM is dual boot, you can dual boot multiple custom ROMs but only ROMs that are Android. Android phones cannot run non-Linux Operating Systems.

Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

ShermCraig
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
You posted it in development forums, I reported the thread and the mod moved it here.

MultiROM is dual boot, you can dual boot multiple custom ROMs but only ROMs that are Android. Android phones cannot run non-Linux Operating Systems.
Yes, I understand that. I was merely pointing out that while attempting to do my due diligence, I first searched the forum by searching the term "Dual boot". I didn't think to search "multirom". Get it?

Are YOU an XDA NOOB?

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,834

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermCraig View Post
Yes, I understand that. I was merely pointing out that while attempting to do my due diligence, I first searched the forum by searching the term "Dual boot". I didn't think to search "multirom". Get it?
Yeah I get it haha, glad I could help.