Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can anyone explain this?

Tip us?

Dima_2005
Old
(Last edited by Dima_2005; 22nd July 2014 at 01:39 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Default Can anyone explain this?

Hi,

Just for fun I've put mu phone under UV light. I have some slightly yellow backlight bleeding and thought it might solve the yellow tint of backlight bleeding.
I don't have the yellow band, just some yellowish backlight bleeding.

And then I at once saw this:
http://i.imgur.com/CqycUe0.jpg

Can anyone explain what's the rectangular part of the screen that is lighter than the rest of the screen? Or is it the glue that's everyone is talking about?

EDIT: my theory actually worked and no more yellowish backlight bleeding. It's still there (and only visible from a certain angle), but it's not yellow anymore. It's now white

I'm using franco kernel btw, so the screen tint is whiter than with standard kernel. This is when I noticed the yellowish backlight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dima_2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d4fseeker
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Is that the screen on with a black background? It looks so centered and rounded that I have a hard time believing it's not some sort of picture.
(I am not calling you a liar, just saying that it looks strange)

I could assume that your glue has been cured by UV but it has not spread across the whole screen yet. Maybe try putting it under the light again and check if that makes a difference?
Samsung S1Samsung S3Oneplus One

Dima_2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
The screen was off. Even worse: the phone was off....
That's exactly why I was surprised to see that. And why I asked here.
There is also nothing visible on the screen. The brightness is equal and no discolorations are visible. So I'm not worried about it. Was just curious.

I saw it the minute I've put it under UV light. Didn't change anything after 15 mins (except my yellowish backlight LED's became white) and in general the screen looked whiter)

On another forum I've read it could be some kind of oil to protect the LCD from the digitizer. Not sure it is but could actually be...
Could be glue but the shape is too strange for that.

Another guess is that they like sticked some kind of sticker on the glass (coming from manufaturer) and they remove the sticker without cleaning and then it leaves this kind of residu...
It's only visible under UV light, that's the interesting part.