Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,032 Members 44,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fastboot without volume buttons

Tip us?

drmacrofish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 207
Default Fastboot without volume buttons

Hey all. Ok. Got my Oneplus end of last week thanks to an invite from @playya here. After doing initial set up and allowing updates to install on phone, I quickly noticed the volume keys do not register. I am thinking it is a hardware issue and have submitted for RMA with OnePlus, but I have not even heard anything from them yet after 6 days.

I want to see if maybe it is just a ROM/software issue though and see if I can re-flash, but how can I even get into fastboot as volume down does not register at all. (Or volume up for that matter).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Oomahey
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish View Post
Hey all. Ok. Got my Oneplus end of last week thanks to an invite from @playya here. After doing initial set up and allowing updates to install on phone, I quickly noticed the volume keys do not register. I am thinking it is a hardware issue and have submitted for RMA with OnePlus, but I have not even heard anything from them yet after 6 days.

I want to see if maybe it is just a ROM/software issue though and see if I can re-flash, but how can I even get into fastboot as volume down does not register at all. (Or volume up for that matter).

Fastboot is bootloader (correct me if I'm wrong).

Settings> Developer Options> check 'Advanced Reboot'
The Following User Says Thank You to Oomahey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drmacrofish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomahey View Post
Fastboot is bootloader (correct me if I'm wrong).

Settings> Developer Options> check 'Advanced Reboot'
Derp....I think you may be right actually. Gonna have to see if that may do something to allow me to re-flash stock ROM and see if I can get it to work.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,311

DONATE TO ME
That or you can use the adb command:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drmacrofish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 207
Oh well, I tried it. RE-installed an older version of CM11S to see if maybe it was an issue with 33R and my phone and still not response when pressing the volume keys. I am now pretty certain that the buttons are messed up and it is a hardware issue. Well, here's hoping I get some response sometime soon to my RMA request.

DuckMcQUack
Old
Thanks Meter 102
There is many people with your exact issue...this phone is so disappointing, it's such a Chinese pos. I wonder how so many guys are satisfied by it...thanks God I have no major hardware issues but if you look around over the community you will find that this thing is such an epic fail

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,311

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack View Post
There is many people with your exact issue...this phone is so disappointing, it's such a Chinese pos. I wonder how so many guys are satisfied by it...thanks God I have no major hardware issues but if you look around over the community you will find that this thing is such an epic fail

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
I'm completely satisfied, not a single problem with mine, or my fiance's, or any of my friends' either. Why don't you sell it if you hate it so much? The problems are minor, and they affect a small quantity. It's always the unhappy people that speak the loudest, don't forget.

Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
I'm completely satisfied, not a single problem with mine, or my fiance's, or any of my friends' either. Why don't you sell it if you hate it so much? The problems are minor, and they affect a small quantity. It's always the unhappy people that speak the loudest, don't forget.

Transmitted via Bacon
Just want to make sure people take in what he just said so I made it bold and enlarged it. No greater words have ever been spoken. If you don't realize that then you have already lost... Here let me repeat it for you

It's always the unhappy people that speak the loudest, don't forget.

Just like to say no issues on my end either.. Sorry @drmacrofish you got a bad one man. But they do get back to you. I had purchased a bad case and they gave me a refund. It took a few days but they do get back to you
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!
The Following User Says Thank You to playya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drmacrofish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 207
Thanks all. Hopefully I will have something good to report and they, OnePlus, will get back to me and get things rectified. It really is an awesome phone otherwise. I am hoping I will be able to get a replacement and not have to go the refund route, but I guess we will see. For sure it is always the unhappy that speak out the most, so I am hoping there are a lot of others out there who had to RMA for replacement without issues, and that I will be one of them.

DuckMcQUack
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post

Transmitted via Bacon
I'm just waiting for N6. I will swap this thing as soon as i will have the opt to buy a newer phone, this is not a moment to change. Summer is the worst period to buy a smartphone.
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4