Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I Flash another OnePlus' TWRP backup?

Tip us?

badjoras
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Can I Flash another OnePlus' TWRP backup?

Hey guys. I just got my second OnePlus after mine fell and got a new one.

I was wondering if I can flash my other oneplus' TWRP backup on this so i dont have to configure all over again.

Thank you!

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,957

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by badjoras View Post
Hey guys. I just got my second OnePlus after mine fell and got a new one.

I was wondering if I can flash my other oneplus' TWRP backup on this so i dont have to configure all over again.

Thank you!
I would say no. I just remember some people doing this would and it replaced IMEI information from previous phone and could potentially screw up your new phone. What is so important that you need to restore for TWRP anyways. A fresh flash on a new phone is the best route to take my friend

We make too much of simply taken the time to restore and reset things on a new flash.
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!

badjoras
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
I would say no. I just remember some people doing this would and it replaced IMEI information from previous phone and could potentially screw up your new phone. What is so important that you need to restore for TWRP anyways. A fresh flash on a new phone is the best route to take my friend

We make too much of simply taken the time to restore and reset things on a new flash.

HMMMMMMMM... The OPO only backs up: boot, data, system and cache. It does not backup EFS nor would i check it on the restore menu,
I guess i will give it a go, and see how it goes. already got it backed up

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,957

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
HMMMMMMMM... The OPO only backs up: boot, data, system and cache. It does not backup EFS nor would i check it on the restore menu,
I guess i will give it a go, and see how it goes. already got it backed up
Its your OPO I just don't see why you would risk it but go ahead if it don't work can only be mad at yourself. Lol

Still don't see the big deal in flashing ROM and using TB to restore apps from nandroid

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you

badjoras
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
Its your OPO I just don't see why you would risk it but go ahead if it don't work can only be mad at yourself. Lol

Still don't see the big deal in flashing ROM and using TB to restore apps from nandroid

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Done it, it's all good, as expected.

Like I mentioned to you, that whole EFS problem does not exist if it does not back it up from another phone and restore it onto a new one.

Props and thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to badjoras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,957

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Done it, it's all good, as expected.

Like I mentioned to you, that whole EFS problem does not exist if it does not back it up from another phone and restore it onto a new one.

Props and thanks
cool and yeah I know that but I just dont see the reason to take the risk at all. I see so many take shortcuts and then we have a million how do I fix this that and the third threads. Glad it worked for you

DuckMcQUack
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I was going to say yes even if I never tried it as nand only backs up system, boot and data which should be no problem to copy and paste to a same model phone...you tried it first by yourself so good move

Sent from my Oneplus One
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4

nathlynn22
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Shouldn't be a problem part of restoring to stock on some other phones is flashing a twrp backup and stock recovery. It shouldn't be a problem atall

bp328i
Old
Thanks Meter 555
As long as your not restoring EFS your fine. I have done this many times on many different phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
backup, flash, nandroid, oneplus