Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Q] Can I Flash another OnePlus' TWRP backup?

OP badjoras

29th August 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag lisboa
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
More
Hey guys. I just got my second OnePlus after mine fell and got a new one.

I was wondering if I can flash my other oneplus' TWRP backup on this so i dont have to configure all over again.

Thank you!
29th August 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #2  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,027

5,957 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by badjoras

Hey guys. I just got my second OnePlus after mine fell and got a new one.

I was wondering if I can flash my other oneplus' TWRP backup on this so i dont have to configure all over again.

Thank you!

I would say no. I just remember some people doing this would and it replaced IMEI information from previous phone and could potentially screw up your new phone. What is so important that you need to restore for TWRP anyways. A fresh flash on a new phone is the best route to take my friend

We make too much of simply taken the time to restore and reset things on a new flash.
29th August 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag lisboa

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya

I would say no. I just remember some people doing this would and it replaced IMEI information from previous phone and could potentially screw up your new phone. What is so important that you need to restore for TWRP anyways. A fresh flash on a new phone is the best route to take my friend

We make too much of simply taken the time to restore and reset things on a new flash.

HMMMMMMMM... The OPO only backs up: boot, data, system and cache. It does not backup EFS nor would i check it on the restore menu,
I guess i will give it a go, and see how it goes. already got it backed up
29th August 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #4  
Florida

5,957 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

HMMMMMMMM... The OPO only backs up: boot, data, system and cache. It does not backup EFS nor would i check it on the restore menu,
I guess i will give it a go, and see how it goes. already got it backed up

Its your OPO I just don't see why you would risk it but go ahead if it don't work can only be mad at yourself. Lol

Still don't see the big deal in flashing ROM and using TB to restore apps from nandroid

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
29th August 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag lisboa

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya

Its your OPO I just don't see why you would risk it but go ahead if it don't work can only be mad at yourself. Lol

Still don't see the big deal in flashing ROM and using TB to restore apps from nandroid

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Done it, it's all good, as expected.

Like I mentioned to you, that whole EFS problem does not exist if it does not back it up from another phone and restore it onto a new one.

Props and thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to badjoras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #6  
Florida

5,957 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Done it, it's all good, as expected.

Like I mentioned to you, that whole EFS problem does not exist if it does not back it up from another phone and restore it onto a new one.

Props and thanks

cool and yeah I know that but I just dont see the reason to take the risk at all. I see so many take shortcuts and then we have a million how do I fix this that and the third threads. Glad it worked for you
29th August 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #7  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 102

449 posts
More
I was going to say yes even if I never tried it as nand only backs up system, boot and data which should be no problem to copy and paste to a same model phone...you tried it first by yourself so good move

Sent from my Oneplus One
29th August 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 58

883 posts
More
Shouldn't be a problem part of restoring to stock on some other phones is flashing a twrp backup and stock recovery. It shouldn't be a problem atall
29th August 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #9  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 581

960 posts
More
As long as your not restoring EFS your fine. I have done this many times on many different phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, flash, nandroid, oneplus
Previous Thread Next Thread