Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 41,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way to emulate Nvidia shield / xbox / ps3 controller ?

Tip us?

MrEnderkiller
Old
(Last edited by MrEnderkiller; 7th September 2014 at 05:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Any way to emulate Nvidia shield / xbox / ps3 controller ?

Hello,
I have recently tried and succeeded to make Portal and Half Life 2 work on my OnePlus One (I can't tell how because it's illegal and against the rules of the forum I think, do your own research). The only problem is, I need the Nvidia Shield controller, or a ps3 / xbox / or any other android-supported controller, as there are no touch controls. My problem is that I don't have any controller of this type (except a Wiimote which doesn't work with Android kitkat). Here is my question : is there an app / overlay which can simulate a physical controller so I can play it without a physical controller ? I know it's quite hard, but I'm pretty desperate, as I can look at the beautiful menu screen, but am not able to control it. Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks in advance.

tiny4579
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,178
Cm doesn't support wiimote? I thought they did.

alex1301
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Wrote you a pm, but it's for using the controller, sorry.

Phone: HTC Sensation
Team Venom ViperS 1.5.2
Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB
CyanogenMod 10 & WebOS 3.0.5

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,091

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnderkiller View Post
Hello,
I have recently tried and succeeded to make Portal and Half Life 2 work on my OnePlus One (I can't tell how because it's illegal and against the rules of the forum I think, do your own research). The only problem is, I need the Nvidia Shield controller, or a ps3 / xbox / or any other android-supported controller, as there are no touch controls. My problem is that I don't have any controller of this type (except a Wiimote which doesn't work with Android kitkat). Here is my question : is there an app / overlay which can simulate a physical controller so I can play it without a physical controller ? I know it's quite hard, but I'm pretty desperate, as I can look at the beautiful menu screen, but am not able to control it. Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks in advance.
Look into the sixaxis app. I know it supported ps3 / wii motes in the past. I wouldn't see it going away now.
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

MrEnderkiller
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579 View Post
Cm doesn't support wiimote? I thought they did.
Thanks for your answers. Maybe CM supports the Wiimote, but at least it seems that the Wiimote doesn't work with these games. I think they need a classic controller mapping.