Haptic no longer working

OP toohsieh

27th July 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
More
Even though I enabled vibrate on touch in my sound settings, I never get haptic feedback for anything. I've enabled haptic in my SwiftKey settings as well, but no dice. Weird thing is, I could have sworn I had haptic when I first got this phone, but now it's gone and I can't fathom why. Has anyone had this issue before?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
27th July 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 203

1,268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohsieh

Even though I enabled vibrate on touch in my sound settings, I never get haptic feedback for anything. I've enabled haptic in my SwiftKey settings as well, but no dice. Weird thing is, I could have sworn I had haptic when I first got this phone, but now it's gone and I can't fathom why. Has anyone had this issue before?

Couple if things. I had to go into the SwiftKey settings and turn up keyless vibration from to to 25. After that you may have battery saver enabled which would turn off your vibration
23rd August 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6

84 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohsieh

I posted this under another topic dealing with vibrator issues.

I think this is bug from profiles or quiet hours. The link to cyanogen mod bug-
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-467

I have owned OPO for few days and probably on 2nd day I lost the vibration. This was driving me crazy for last few days, I even raised a ticket with OPO hardware thinking the motor is shot but then I can see that the phone vibrates on bootup. I recently came across someone saying that the file sys/devices/virtual/timed_output/vibrator/enable value staying as 0 is causing the motor to not work. Come to think of it, I started using profiles and quiet hours from next day.

I don't know if there's a workaround editing the enable file value to 1? I think my notification LED light is also not working cause of the issues with quiet hours.
27th August 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 69

466 posts
I just wanted to say that my haptic feedback suddenly went away as well. Does anyone have any new leads regarding this?
30th August 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6

84 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal

I just wanted to say that my haptic feedback suddenly went away as well. Does anyone have any new leads regarding this?

I think I saw a bug report on that in jira, I'll try post number soon.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
30th August 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 10

186 posts
Make sure the intensity option is at full. I've managed to disable mine using this

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
8th September 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 44

340 posts
More
I have found this to be related to the Quiet Hours functionality. Even if I am not in an active quiet profile, the haptic feedback does not function. By fully disabling the Quiet Hours functionality, the haptic feedback was restored.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread