Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google play music that doesnt crash

Tip us?

oraclegustavo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Google play music that doesnt crash

Im currently running slimkat 4.4.4 and every time I try to run google play music it force closes as it opens. I have tried uninstalling it and clearing the cache and data but it still does the same thing. I have heard that ad blocking programs can make it not function properly so I have tried the revert button on adfree and still nothing. I have tried uninstalling adfree and still nothing. I will say I did download some songs for local storage from my library on play music but I figured by clearing the cache and data it would wipe those away. I noticed before it went this route that it would crash when I tried to pull up my library. But now it does it as soon as the app opens. Anyone know a workaround for this or something that may be able to help.

TiVON
Old
Thanks Meter 17
What gapps did you flash? I am on the latest SlimKat weekly (2.7?) and flashed the ultra slim gapps. No problem here. A screen is attached.

Make a Nandroid, flash the latest weekly, latest ultra slim gapps and try again. See if that's the problem.

Otherwise I wouldn't know. Download the .apk and install it that way? Maybe the Play Store is causing the FC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409493625247.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (57.4 KB, 17 views)

oraclegustavo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVON View Post
What gapps did you flash? I am on the latest SlimKat weekly (2.7?) and flashed the ultra slim gapps. No problem here. A screen is attached.

Make a Nandroid, flash the latest weekly, latest ultra slim gapps and try again. See if that's the problem.

Otherwise I wouldn't know. Download the .apk and install it that way? Maybe the Play Store is causing the FC.
I used the ultra slim gapps too. I will try your suggestion though.

oraclegustavo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclegustavo View Post
I used the ultra slim gapps too. I will try your suggestion though.
Tried it, same thing. At least now it will actually open and not crash immediately. But if I scroll down through my collection a little bit or if I go to my library by opening the menu on the left it crashes immediately.