Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Music Player

OP doran_lum

2nd July 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
Hi all, I have try using Google Music and Shuttle Music Player.. it's quite weird that it even detects my mpg files or my recording files which are store inside other folders ...

It's frustrating that I have to go through the Song list and start to blacklist one by one...is there a way around this ? I can't see it in the app Settings ...
2nd July 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,463

4,664 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doran_lum

Hi all, I have try using Google Music and Shuttle Music Player.. it's quite weird that it even detects my mpg files or my recording files which are store inside other folders ...

It's frustrating that I have to go through the Song list and start to blacklist one by one...is there a way around this ? I can't see it in the app Settings ...

This isn't a Google Music/Shuttle Player issue. This is how Android hunts for media.

To prevent any app from indexing a location that has media files (and by extension, showing up in any music/gallery/movie player app), you have to add a .nomedia file inside the directory that contains the files.

You can do this one of two ways; you can open a blank notepad file, save it with the filename ".nomedia" and set the filetype to "all types", or you can download this one which I made here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xat4bgykd5tugvl/nomedia.zip

Extract from the above folder, and copy and paste the .nomedia file into any folder that contains things you don't want to see in your media players. Then close Play Music/Shuttle or force close/clear data on them, and open them back up again. You won't see them anymore.
3rd July 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
thank you so much ... that helps a lot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread