Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Google Dialer fully replacing CM11 dialer.

OP Mattycee

2nd July 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
I was wondering if somehow the Google Dialer can replace the CM11S dialer on the Oneplus One?
I have installed it and it works but when I dial it reverts to the stock dialer and I am wanting to use Google ID like on a Nexus device.
The phone itself would be perfect if I can get this to work and was hoping someone has a way to do it.
Disabling the stock dialer stops the ability to hang up as it has nothing once you hit the connect button.
Thanks.
3rd July 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 666

3,800 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattycee

I was wondering if somehow the Google Dialer can replace the CM11S dialer on the Oneplus One?
I have installed it and it works but when I dial it reverts to the stock dialer and I am wanting to use Google ID like on a Nexus device.
The phone itself would be perfect if I can get this to work and was hoping someone has a way to do it.
Disabling the stock dialer stops the ability to hang up as it has nothing once you hit the connect button.
Thanks.

It's not just an app. It also requires some framework resources, so it's not as simple as replacing one with the other, as you are discovering.
The Following User Says Thank You to donalgodon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
I know, but as the Nexus line is vanilla Android and CM is based on that I was hoping there was a way to get it to work.
There is a similar functionality in CM11's dialer but it seems only for US numbers and is unable to have the ability for Australian searches to be added.

Maybe one day I will be able to get a Nexus phone with 4K recording!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread