Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HUGE BUG] Partitions disappeared!

OP blackbird5308

29th August 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #1  
blackbird5308's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Padua
Thanks Meter: 27
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Hello everyone. Wanted to share an experience with my OPO,.
Today i rebooted the phone, and when it booted up it presented me the first configuration wizard. I thought, "ok this is strange" but after i completed again the configuration everything was still there.
Tonight I tried to install the XNPH33R update via TWRP, i loaded the file into the sdcard and rebooted into TWRP.
I thought "let's make a nandroid before, in case of problems", and i saw it could not mount the /system partition. The backup failed and then i tried to reboot. The phone does now not start and when i try to boot into TWRP, it reports that now ALL the partitions are borked and can't be mounted, reporting them 0MB, except for the boot one.

My question is, am i the only one that experienced something similar?!
I'm goin on to flash factory image but this seems a big problem!
29th August 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Little hint: try to install another recovery (e.g. CWM, Philz...) before returning to stock
29th August 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 253
 
763 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I doubt OnePlus (or any other mfg) would count this sort of thing a bug if your phone is running anything other than 100% stock.
29th August 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #4  
blackbird5308's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Padua
Thanks Meter: 27
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia

I doubt OnePlus (or any other mfg) would count this sort of thing a bug if your phone is running anything other than 100% stock.

Obviously i don't want to report a "bug" that i want oneplus to fix
I just wanted to know what happened, my partitions corrupted themselves by... rebooting?

since i saw that many users reported being stuck at the oneplus logo after updating to XNPH33R i wanted to know if this is related to their experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerguy00

Little hint: try to install another recovery (e.g. CWM, Philz...) before returning to stock

I flashed the factory image except for recovery and everything works, same old TWRP now reports everything as ok and running.. it's just strange! i flashed countless devices and i own a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 5!
Last edited by blackbird5308; 29th August 2014 at 02:06 AM.
31st August 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #5  
acuicultor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palma de Mallorca
Thanks Meter: 418
 
773 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird5308

Obviously i don't want to report a "bug" that i want oneplus to fix
I just wanted to know what happened, my partitions corrupted themselves by... rebooting?

since i saw that many users reported being stuck at the oneplus logo after updating to XNPH33R i wanted to know if this is related to their experience



I flashed the factory image except for recovery and everything works, same old TWRP now reports everything as ok and running.. it's just strange! i flashed countless devices and i own a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 5!

Sorry wrong thread

Sent from E.P.D.Center
21st November 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #6  
nasvi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Lightbulb
I had the same weird problem last night.....

Except my recovery was also reverted to stock.
it happened after i got notifed about an update available couple days in a row which i canceled.

I even have Droidwall and everything but a few apps are blocked from data usage.

What i would suggest is to freeze the ""system update" system app.

I kinda have a feeling the OTA updates have something to do with it.

This happend to me 1 other time a while back with an HTC One X device. Same pattern, System update notifications then couple days of ignoring .... then pooffff...




Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird5308

Hello everyone. Wanted to share an experience with my OPO,.
Today i rebooted the phone, and when it booted up it presented me the first configuration wizard. I thought, "ok this is strange" but after i completed again the configuration everything was still there.
Tonight I tried to install the XNPH33R update via TWRP, i loaded the file into the sdcard and rebooted into TWRP.
I thought "let's make a nandroid before, in case of problems", and i saw it could not mount the /system partition. The backup failed and then i tried to reboot. The phone does now not start and when i try to boot into TWRP, it reports that now ALL the partitions are borked and can't be mounted, reporting them 0MB, except for the boot one.

My question is, am i the only one that experienced something similar?!
I'm goin on to flash factory image but this seems a big problem!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ota, partitions, twrp, update
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes