[Q] VomerTweaks , What it does ?

OP dayanandgp

24th August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 24

159 posts
@zephiK , I installed the VomerTweaks on top of Mahdi rom and Franco kernel from your signature. I flashed it via TWRP , but dont know if its installed or is successfull etc. Can you let me know what exactly this tweak does and any way of finding if its active / installed ? Is there a option which appears in settings ? Thanks !
24th August 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,402

13,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
You didn't have to make a new thread for this.

To verify that the settings indeed have loaded, you need to use a kernel tweaker app (e.g. FKU, Trickster)... if you see that the maximum (fixed) CPU frequency is 1.2GHz then its loaded. A lot of the questions you asked are answered https://192.227.135.147/get/vomertweaks.txt (ignore the warning)

Quote:

# What is it?

VomerTweaks is a tried and tested set of custom settings and power modes for your device!
The aim is to enable your device to have insane battery life without losing performance (all of us love da juice!)
We develop and test multiple configurations (for different "user types") & share them with the community.

Last edited by zephiK; 25th August 2014 at 09:48 PM.
25th August 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

97 posts
Sorry but it's not showing that min. Cpu frequency on my device in fku but the file was installed correctly via twrp and I just checked it is in the correct location. Any other parameters I could check if it's working correctly somehow?
The Following User Says Thank You to shapethelola For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

13,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapethelola

Sorry but it's not showing that min. Cpu frequency on my device in fku but the file was installed correctly via twrp and I just checked it is in the correct location. Any other parameters I could check if it's working correctly somehow?

Errr whoops, I messed that up. I meant to say Maximium CPU frequency.
26th August 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stuttgart

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Errr whoops, I messed that up. I meant to say Maximium CPU frequency.

LOL. I too was about to post the same question Thanks !! by the way , do i need to flash it everytime OTA arrives ?
26th August 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #6  

97 posts
You need to reinstall Franco if it's supported yet that's all
26th August 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

13,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayanandgp

LOL. I too was about to post the same question Thanks !! by the way , do i need to flash it everytime OTA arrives ?

If you're on a custom ROM, it is not needed since a backup script is included.
If you're on CM11S, then you will need to reflash it on a OTA (Or even remove the script before being able to accept the OTA) since addon.d is not supported in CM11S.

Quote:

You need to reinstall Franco if it's supported yet that's all

No, flashing a newer/older version of Franco does not touch this script at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #8  

97 posts
Quote:

If you're on a custom ROM, it is not needed since a backup script is included.
If you're on CM11S, then you will need to reflash it on a OTA (Or even remove the script before being able to accept the OTA) since addon.d is not supported in CM11S.

No, flashing a newer/older version of Franco does not touch this script at all.

Okay, youre the boss. I just thought installing an ota update from cm11s will overwrite francos kernel and without francos kernel this vomer tweak wont work. What I basically was saying was you need to have a kernel of franco running after you updated your cm11s again.
26th August 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

13,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapethelola

Okay, youre the boss. I just thought installing an ota update from cm11s will overwrite francos kernel and without francos kernel this vomer tweak wont work. What I basically was saying was you need to have a kernel of franco running after you updated your cm11s again.

As I said before, CM11S does not support addon.d scripts so therefore it cannot back up the script. Even if the script was allowed to be backed up, the OTA will most likely not work due to changes being made to /system/ unless using a modified upgrade script to the OTA package.

If the user flashed the script without Franco Kernel, then it will simply just not be able to change certain parts since the path is invalid. And I think its pretty obvious that the user needs Franco Kernel for the script to work. The whole point of the script was to be revolved around Franco Kernel and not any other kernel, its not there to discriminate other kernels but kernel developers have their own paths to certain parameters. Its not uniform throughout the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stuttgart

159 posts
Quote:

As I said before, CM11S does not support addon.d scripts so therefore it cannot back up the script. Even if the script was allowed to be backed up, the OTA will most likely not work due to changes being made to /system/ unless using a modified upgrade script to the OTA package.

If the user flashed the script without Franco Kernel, then it will simply just not be able to change certain parts since the path is invalid. And I think its pretty obvious that the user needs Franco Kernel for the script to work. The whole point of the script was to be revolved around Franco Kernel and not any other kernel, its not there to discriminate other kernels but kernel developers have their own paths to certain parameters. Its not uniform throughout the phone.

@zephiK i cant find the link to Vomertweaks anymore in your signature. Is somthing wrong ? Did you delete it ?
I wanted to find out how to disable/delete for future , as it is surviving mahdi OTA's

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread