Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Random reboots on custom ROM & Stock

OP lavafire

21st November 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

180 posts
More
I have rooted last week when the custom ROM for Android L came out, been jumping between a few different threads so unavoidably flashing between them. At the end I started getting reboots after flashing k900's 19/11 version, and decided to flash PA 4.4.4. This did not help the issue, I was still getting reboots. As a result of really tired of custom ROMs, I flash back to stock (100%) CM11S. Been on it for about one day, and I already seen 3 reboots. They seem random from what I can find out.

I was wondering if anyone has similar issues, or knows the cause of this problem?

Possible causes:
  • Could flashing too many ROMs harm the device?
  • I also had to flash the recovery multiple times (around 8, because I wanted to get TWRP to work), could this damage the device?

I am aware that back on stock for one day is still pretty early to say it won't fix itself, but since I have had similar issues with past devices after flashing custom ROMs I kind of want to know asap so I can contact OnePlus.

I will keep this thread updated, hopefully it will help someone else even if the issue is not fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oneplus one, reboot
Previous Thread Next Thread