OP TiVON

27th August 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gotham
Thanks Meter: 94

147 posts
More
Hi everybody,

I hate creating a thread while I have a small amount of posts and I sincerely apologize for that, but somehow I can't post in the Iuni OS thread, here on XDA. It says it's closed?

Anyway, here's the problem:

The flashing of IUNI OS freezes at "formatting system". Even after letting the phone flash 5 times for one hour each, nothing happens.

Cause: probably a command in the updater-script that doesn't like something in my phone.

Things I tried to fix it:

1. Using a different recovery. The initial flash attempt was on TWRP. Later I read something about a modified CWM recovery(forgot its name). I flashed the recovery.img through fastboot but that didn't help either. Regular CWM and Philz touch were a no-go too.
2. Redownload and recheck the MD5 sum. All three downloads the MD5 sums matched. Nope, no difference.
3. Use a different base. I don't know why that would matter, since I always wipe system before flashing, but I didn't know what else to do so I tried this. Both AOSP and CM11s(crDroid) didn't make a difference.
4. Change some lines in the updater-script. Result: it got stuck again...

What have I missed? Shouldn't I wipe system before flashing? Anything? Because it seems to me I have followed the instructions, and it didn't work!

I really want to try this out and it would be a shame if it didn't work.

I hope I have been thorough enough and thank you in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread