Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Metro PCS Signal Issue (Brooklyn Area)

OP playya

6th August 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,145

6,182 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp328i

I have T-Mobile and a guy at work always rags me since the merger saying I'm on Metro. I live and work in the Tampa Bay area so both T-Mobile and Metro have 4G/LTE service here. A few co-workers have Metro and I always kill them on speed test. In fact some of them need to walk outside just to make a phone call or download something while I can do it all inside without any loss in service.

In fact the guy who rags me is on Verizon and he now shuts his mouth since I also destroyed his speed test results.

I really just think it has to do with Metro.

I agree with you and like I said the test will be done later today but trying to keep him from doing anything crazy till we test. He has to stand in one part of his apartment just to make a call. I would be upset too but then again its a basement....
6th August 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,063

14,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its probably on lower priority like what playya said to make people switch over from MetroPCS to T Mobile as they're slowly and slowly reallocating the spectrum to tmo.

http://allthingsd.com/20131206/t-mob...etwork-speeds/

Edit: Kinda off topic but found this interesting http://blog.laptopmag.com/tmobile-ph...r-battery-life
Last edited by zephiK; 6th August 2014 at 05:26 PM.
6th August 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Florida

6,182 posts
Donate to Me
Yea my house in NY was out in Long Island and in my basement there I was still able to get reception and about 20 down speeds while I was there. I even told him to put his phone on Edge but it did not work either. I think/hope a different carrier like T-Mo will solve issue
6th August 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

14,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya

Yea my house in NY was out in Long Island and in my basement there I was still able to get reception and about 20 down speeds while I was there. I even told him to put his phone on Edge but it did not work either. I think/hope a different carrier like T-Mo will solve issue

Lets hope so too. Looking forward to hearing the results
6th August 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Florida

6,182 posts
Donate to Me
@zephiK No luck with T-Mobile and basement. It seems the antenna does not like his basement with MetroPCS or T-Mobile
6th August 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

14,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thats a bummer did he try the signal booster? Does he have any windows in the basement?
Last edited by zephiK; 6th August 2014 at 09:12 PM.
6th August 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Florida

6,182 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Thats a bummer did he try the signal booster? Does he have any windows in the basement?

He ordered it and is waiting for it to come to him. Yes he has windows but still an issue. I see a lot of complaints in reference to signal strength on here. I dont suffer from any of these issues
6th August 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

14,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya

He ordered it and is waiting for it to come to him. Yes he has windows but still an issue. I see a lot of complaints in reference to signal strength on here. I dont suffer from any of these issues

Same here. The only thing I can think of is that there are a lot of walls and not a lot of windows so signal is hard to penetrate. Does he get LTE speeds as well? Too bad the T Mobile Take Action page is down, it was a page to note down complaints on signal.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread