Tip us?

playya
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp328i View Post
I have T-Mobile and a guy at work always rags me since the merger saying I'm on Metro. I live and work in the Tampa Bay area so both T-Mobile and Metro have 4G/LTE service here. A few co-workers have Metro and I always kill them on speed test. In fact some of them need to walk outside just to make a phone call or download something while I can do it all inside without any loss in service.

In fact the guy who rags me is on Verizon and he now shuts his mouth since I also destroyed his speed test results.

I really just think it has to do with Metro.
I agree with you and like I said the test will be done later today but trying to keep him from doing anything crazy till we test. He has to stand in one part of his apartment just to make a call. I would be upset too but then again its a basement....
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!

zephiK
Old
(Last edited by zephiK; 6th August 2014 at 04:26 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,893

DONATE TO ME
Its probably on lower priority like what playya said to make people switch over from MetroPCS to T Mobile as they're slowly and slowly reallocating the spectrum to tmo.

http://allthingsd.com/20131206/t-mob...etwork-speeds/

Edit: Kinda off topic but found this interesting http://blog.laptopmag.com/tmobile-ph...r-battery-life
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

playya
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
Yea my house in NY was out in Long Island and in my basement there I was still able to get reception and about 20 down speeds while I was there. I even told him to put his phone on Edge but it did not work either. I think/hope a different carrier like T-Mo will solve issue
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,893

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
Yea my house in NY was out in Long Island and in my basement there I was still able to get reception and about 20 down speeds while I was there. I even told him to put his phone on Edge but it did not work either. I think/hope a different carrier like T-Mo will solve issue
Lets hope so too. Looking forward to hearing the results

Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

playya
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
@zephiK No luck with T-Mobile and basement. It seems the antenna does not like his basement with MetroPCS or T-Mobile

zephiK
Old
(Last edited by zephiK; 6th August 2014 at 08:12 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,893

DONATE TO ME
Thats a bummer did he try the signal booster? Does he have any windows in the basement?

playya
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Thats a bummer did he try the signal booster? Does he have any windows in the basement?
He ordered it and is waiting for it to come to him. Yes he has windows but still an issue. I see a lot of complaints in reference to signal strength on here. I dont suffer from any of these issues

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,893

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
He ordered it and is waiting for it to come to him. Yes he has windows but still an issue. I see a lot of complaints in reference to signal strength on here. I dont suffer from any of these issues
Same here. The only thing I can think of is that there are a lot of walls and not a lot of windows so signal is hard to penetrate. Does he get LTE speeds as well? Too bad the T Mobile Take Action page is down, it was a page to note down complaints on signal.