Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MTP Is not Working for me

Tip us?

goldfinger01
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default MTP Is not Working for me

Hi guys, i'm having trouble connecting my OnePlus ONE to my PC with MTP to do file transfers, ADB is OK. I'm using Windows 8.1 and connecting to PC trough a USB 3.1 port. In my Device manager i saw MTP as an unrecognized device. Where can i find a correct driver?

Best Regards,

Marco Costa

TheShoxter
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger01 View Post
Hi guys, i'm having trouble connecting my OnePlus ONE to my PC with MTP to do file transfers, ADB is OK. I'm using Windows 8.1 and connecting to PC trough a USB 3.1 port. In my Device manager i saw MTP as an unrecognized device. Where can i find a correct driver?

Best Regards,

Marco Costa
Unplug your device from your computer. Open up Device Manager. Plug in device. Look for the device in device manager. It may have an odd name, but you'll see something pop up when you plug the phone in. When you find it, right click on it and click "Update Drivers". Then click the "Browse" option. Then select "Let me pick from a list". Then click something along the lines of "Android ADB driver". This should let it properly communicate with your computer and let you browse data files on the phone.

jp694
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Best Regards,

Marco Costa
I recently had the same issue what version of windows 8.1 do u have installed?

goldfinger01
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp694 View Post
I recently had the same issue what version of windows 8.1 do u have installed?
I'm using Windows 8.1 Entreprise N Version 6.3 (Build 9600)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoxter View Post
Unplug your device from your computer. Open up Device Manager. Plug in device. Look for the device in device manager. It may have an odd name, but you'll see something pop up when you plug the phone in. When you find it, right click on it and click "Update Drivers". Then click the "Browse" option. Then select "Let me pick from a list". Then click something along the lines of "Android ADB driver". This should let it properly communicate with your computer and let you browse data files on the phone.
Does this apply to MTP? I tried the same driver i used to make adb work but MTP doesn't

TheShoxter
Old
(Last edited by TheShoxter; 16th August 2014 at 11:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:

Does this apply to MTP? I tried the same driver i used to make adb work but MTP doesn't
Yes, the same driver will work for MTP. If your computer can successfully communicate with your phone via ADB, then it can transfer data as MTP. Is USB debugging enabled on your phone? And, does ADB actually work right now? When you type "adb devices" in a command prompt, does it give you a device serial?
EDIT: I'm not familiar with the 8.1 Entreprise version, I didn't think it would affect anything, apparently it does :P

jp694
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Download this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40744 i had the same issue u need this for it to work. It really is the stupid that you need this if you have the n version of windows but im sure it will fix it i had the same issue and tried everything only took me 4 days to finally find out the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to jp694 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goldfinger01
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp694 View Post
Download this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40744 i had the same issue u need this for it to work. It really is the stupid that you need this if you have the n version of windows but im sure it will fix it i had the same issue and tried everything only took me 4 days to finally find out the issue.

That's it. You solve my problem.

THANK YOU.

jp694
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
That's it. You solve my problem.

THANK YOU.
no problem glad to help.