Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

MTP Is not Working for me

OP goldfinger01

15th August 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
More
Hi guys, i'm having trouble connecting my OnePlus ONE to my PC with MTP to do file transfers, ADB is OK. I'm using Windows 8.1 and connecting to PC trough a USB 3.1 port. In my Device manager i saw MTP as an unrecognized device. Where can i find a correct driver?

Best Regards,

Marco Costa
15th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 66

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger01

Hi guys, i'm having trouble connecting my OnePlus ONE to my PC with MTP to do file transfers, ADB is OK. I'm using Windows 8.1 and connecting to PC trough a USB 3.1 port. In my Device manager i saw MTP as an unrecognized device. Where can i find a correct driver?

Best Regards,

Marco Costa

Unplug your device from your computer. Open up Device Manager. Plug in device. Look for the device in device manager. It may have an odd name, but you'll see something pop up when you plug the phone in. When you find it, right click on it and click "Update Drivers". Then click the "Browse" option. Then select "Let me pick from a list". Then click something along the lines of "Android ADB driver". This should let it properly communicate with your computer and let you browse data files on the phone.
16th August 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Quote:

Best Regards,

Marco Costa

I recently had the same issue what version of windows 8.1 do u have installed?
17th August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp694

I recently had the same issue what version of windows 8.1 do u have installed?

I'm using Windows 8.1 Entreprise N Version 6.3 (Build 9600)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoxter

Unplug your device from your computer. Open up Device Manager. Plug in device. Look for the device in device manager. It may have an odd name, but you'll see something pop up when you plug the phone in. When you find it, right click on it and click "Update Drivers". Then click the "Browse" option. Then select "Let me pick from a list". Then click something along the lines of "Android ADB driver". This should let it properly communicate with your computer and let you browse data files on the phone.

Does this apply to MTP? I tried the same driver i used to make adb work but MTP doesn't
17th August 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 66

188 posts
More
Quote:

Does this apply to MTP? I tried the same driver i used to make adb work but MTP doesn't

Yes, the same driver will work for MTP. If your computer can successfully communicate with your phone via ADB, then it can transfer data as MTP. Is USB debugging enabled on your phone? And, does ADB actually work right now? When you type "adb devices" in a command prompt, does it give you a device serial?
EDIT: I'm not familiar with the 8.1 Entreprise version, I didn't think it would affect anything, apparently it does :P
Last edited by TheShoxter; 17th August 2014 at 12:27 AM.
17th August 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #6  

21 posts
Quote:

Download this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40744 i had the same issue u need this for it to work. It really is the stupid that you need this if you have the n version of windows but im sure it will fix it i had the same issue and tried everything only took me 4 days to finally find out the issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jp694 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp694

Download this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40744 i had the same issue u need this for it to work. It really is the stupid that you need this if you have the n version of windows but im sure it will fix it i had the same issue and tried everything only took me 4 days to finally find out the issue.

That's it. You solve my problem.

THANK YOU.
17th August 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #8  

21 posts
Quote:

That's it. You solve my problem.

THANK YOU.

no problem glad to help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread