Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NFC not working,

Tip us?
 
yercito
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2011
Unhappy NFC not working,

I've turned on the NFC in my OPO but it cannot detect any of my NFC tags. NFC does nothing at all when I try to read a tag. In my Galaxy Nexus the same targ works fine.
 
The Jack of Clubs
Old
#2  
The Jack of Clubs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 468
Posts: 2,720
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Is it an old Samsung tectile tag? My NFC is working fine.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
tobin_o
Old
(Last edited by tobin_o; 25th July 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 28
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Guangzhou
Also no NFC (almost) here.

My apartment, work badge, and Octopus cards all register immediately on my HTC One M7, but none of them get anything in contact with my OPO.

I did get some kind of reaction when bringing my M7 and OPO together, tho...

Edit: I'm running a Chinese OPO with CM11s flashed on, with the modded radio flashed over that.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
 
Tieskerules
Old
#4  
Tieskerules's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by yercito View Post
I've turned on the NFC in my OPO but it cannot detect any of my NFC tags. NFC does nothing at all when I try to read a tag. In my Galaxy Nexus the same targ works fine.

NFC on my OPO isn't working with my tags at all. Doesn't recognise the tags, or any other phone wtih NFC.. The tags where working fine with my Nexus 4 and Nexus 5.
NFC is turned on.

What am i doing wrong? Or is the Oneplus not compatible with some tags?
My OPO is running on original CM11S. Not rooted or bootloader unlocked.

Anyone else having this problem and is there a solution?
 
davidfrog
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieskerules View Post
NFC on my OPO isn't working with my tags at all. Doesn't recognise the tags, or any other phone wtih NFC.. The tags where working fine with my Nexus 4 and Nexus 5.
NFC is turned on.

What am i doing wrong? Or is the Oneplus not compatible with some tags?
My OPO is running on original CM11S. Not rooted or bootloader unlocked.

Anyone else having this problem and is there a solution?
same problem here, no NFC, Cyanogen problem ? hardware ?
 
The Jack of Clubs
Old
#6  
The Jack of Clubs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 468
Posts: 2,720
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
ok, someone has to answer what tags they are trying to read. some samsung and lg tags and others are only compatible with samsung an lg and sony or whatever phones. it also wont read rfid tags. its not a software problem because i have the exact same software and my phone reads nfc tags just fine. you need to provide more information to diagnose a problem.
 
Tieskerules
Old
#7  
Tieskerules's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
ok, someone has to answer what tags they are trying to read. some samsung and lg tags and others are only compatible with samsung an lg and sony or whatever phones. it also wont read rfid tags. its not a software problem because i have the exact same software and my phone reads nfc tags just fine. you need to provide more information to diagnose a problem.
I rebooted the phone and NFC is working now with other phones. It's also working with original Sony Xperia tags! Does anyone knows what kind of tags Sony is using?

It doesn't work with other tags I was using with my Nexus 5. I believe those where Mifare classic (1k) tags. But I don't know that for sure..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn One met Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more

CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more

XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more