OP Murrda

19th August 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 87

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
So if anyone using Instagram and having issues with the picture after cropping and pre-posting where the entire image is black, I'd like to sincerely thank zephiK for pointing out the workaround!! The workaround is simple and as follows..

Open Instagram and click on your profile tab and hit the menu button, under camera turn off the bottom option of the two that says "high-quality image processing" try and sample a shot on Instagram and see if the pic appears to be normal.. Voila!!! Again thanks to zephiK for pointing this out to me and was good to hear I wasn't alone..

Anyone else still having issues after trying this quick and easy workaround please post back here and lets us know.

Thanks XDA!!
Last edited by Murrda; 20th August 2014 at 02:58 AM.
19th August 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,093

14,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go into instagram settings, toggle high quality image processing
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Go into instagram settings, toggle high quality image processing

Toggle as in turn it off and on? Or change from where it is to something else back or change it and leave it? Thanks for the quick reply, and good to know I'm not the only one lol....

I'm glad it's something stupid lol cuz other than that I have zero issues...
19th August 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,093

14,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrda

Toggle as in turn it off and on? Or change from where it is to something else back or change it and leave it? Thanks for the quick reply, and good to know I'm not the only one lol....

I'm glad it's something stupid lol cuz other than that I have zero issues...

Which one is it on right now? If its unchecked, check it. If its checked, uncheck it.
I don't use Instagram, I do have the app and its checked and I can take a picture and it shows it just fine. I have read this problem in another thread and thats what they suggested and it worked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Which one is it on right now? If its unchecked, check it. If its checked, uncheck it.
I don't use Instagram, I do have the app and its checked and I can take a picture and it shows it just fine. I have read this problem in another thread and thats what they suggested and it worked.

Thanks dude
The Following User Says Thank You to Murrda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 485

2,221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrda

Real quick question regarding at the moment all AOSP ROMs and Instagram.. Is anyone having an issue where when taking a pic the picture is captured ok, you can crop it and add effects but when going to actually post the picture where you add description and location the picture is just all black??

I use Instagram very very frequently for work and as well for my kids and family...

If anyone else experiencing the issue please post back and or if any work arounds available please give me a heads up...

Thanks XDA!!

I experience this too. I thought it was the app itself and that a fix is coming.

Turns out I'm not alone

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
7th September 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

83 posts
Hey thanks for the workaround!

But anyone knows why is it like that? and the reason behind the workaround? I just like to know the reason

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, instagram, opo. oneplus. aosp
Previous Thread Next Thread