Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Oneplus one on Koodo, no LTE

Tip us?

jark99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Default Oneplus one on Koodo, no LTE

I've tried everything! Have the 16gb version, edited apns, deleted certain areas, re added. Checked info screen.

I got lte on my nexus 4 with the exact same settings from koodo. Not sure why the oneplus won't pick it up..

hashim71
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Probably have the Chinese version which lacks the LTE bands for koodo. LTE well only work with Rogers or Fido on the Chinese version.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

jark99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
The person I bought the phone had lte working with Bell. I'm not sure how to get it working on my carrier

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,810

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jark99 View Post
The person I bought the phone had lte working with Bell. I'm not sure how to get it working on my carrier
Does the back of your phone have Cyanogen in the back? What is your baseband radio in Settings->Display?
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

jark99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Does the back of your phone have Cyanogen in the back? What is your baseband radio in Settings->Display?
Radio is m8974. It doesn't say cyanogen on back at all.

zephiK
Old
(Last edited by zephiK; 1st September 2014 at 12:35 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,810

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jark99 View Post
Radio is m8974. It doesn't say cyanogen on back at all.
I'm not familiar with the Canadian bands, but you have to look at the Chinese OPO and compare that with the Koodo LTE bands.
It could be possible that your friend has the Chinese version and is able to get LTE on Bell but not on Koodo or he has international which works.

Do the research and see if its compatible to begin with.

Edit:

Quote:
Mobile services provided by Koodo use Telus Mobility's CDMA, HSPA+ and LTE networks. CDMA devices, however, have been discontinued by Koodo outside of Northern Ontario and Manitoba.[9] Koodo Mobile's CDMA and HSPA networks use the 800 MHz and 1900 MHz frequencies while their LTE network uses 1700/2100 MHz (AWS).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koodo_Mobile
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

kokocabana
Old
(Last edited by kokocabana; 1st September 2014 at 04:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Here's a list of LTE bands that North American companies use.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...works#Americas

It looks like Bell uses LTE bands 4,7,and 17 while Koodo(which is owned by Telus) only has band 4. If the back of your phone doesn't have Cyanogen written at the bottom then you have the chinese model. I'm sure Telus may eventually roll out more LTE bands but for now you might be out of luck.
Oneplus One 64GB (CM11S)
HTC Desire (MildWild 5.0) - Retired

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more