Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q]OnePlus One stock charger smell

OP Mr.Nigma...

12th August 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #1  
Mr.Nigma...'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 111
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Has anybody noticed the smell of the charger of the one plus one! Just after it finishes charging and you remove the cable and smell in the usb port! It smells funny like it is burned a light smell!
Can anybody test this and see if their charger has this smell!
Charger works ok though so i was wondering if it is the smell of capacutors getting warm or the smell of capacitors swelling!
Thnx please try and feedback )
12th August 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #2  
batwingnz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nigma...

Has anybody noticed the smell of the charger of the one plus one! Just after it finishes charging and you remove the cable and smell in the usb port! It smells funny like it is burned a light smell!
Can anybody test this and see if their charger has this smell!
Charger works ok though so i was wondering if it is the smell of capacutors getting warm or the smell of capacitors swelling!
Thnx please try and feedback )

Unless you're sure it is completely cooked I'd advise against tasting it just yet. If it smells cooked though, maybe give it a go and report back.
12th August 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #3  
Mr.Nigma...'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 111
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by batwingnz

Unless you're sure it is completely cooked I'd advise against tasting it just yet. If it smells cooked though, maybe give it a go and report back.

It works ok and the voltage and current it outputs is ok! But im worried about the smell!
12th August 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
I've noticed it gets *very* hot! I assume yours does to, which is why you can smell burning?

I haven't smelt that myself though.
12th August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #5  
Mr.Nigma...'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 111
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ewis

I've noticed it gets *very* hot! I assume yours does to, which is why you can smell burning?

I haven't smelt that myself though.

So it isn't burned though?

Ps: but does it smell anything pp??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes