FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

oneplus one touch screen problem?

233 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By sjhotwings, Senior Member on 2nd September 2014, 01:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th September 2014, 05:05 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack

Definitely. I would stay away from this thing.

And by the way who knows if the ghost touches/swypes problem is not even a software issue just as the multitouch not working when placing the phone on a non-conductive surface...

I just saw a YouTube video about some touchscreen issues. If sounds like some people are accepting the problems because of the cost.

4th September 2014, 05:24 PM |#22  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhadee12

I just saw a YouTube video about some touchscreen issues. If sounds like some people are accepting the problems because of the cost.

I am very peeky about the things i have and the cost is not justifying these things, IMHO.

However people can do whatever they want with their own dough
The Following User Says Thank You to DuckMcQUack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 09:43 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I'm on slimsaber and this work for me. it fix the touch problem completely

1. download terminal
2. Open, type "su". Ensure it says root@A0001 or something like that.
3. Paste this command in: cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test
4. Press enter.
5. Should be done, no need to reboot.
7th September 2014, 11:58 PM |#24  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by You_got_owned123

Some-not me, have been able to mitigate the problem by running a code through terminal emulator.
This has been brought up in CM bug log as Bacon 55.
You don't have to be rooted to do this.
Type: su (if you're rooted)
Type: cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test
Press enter.
Note that you will need to do this every time you reboot your phone.
Credits to a member on jira cm. Forgot to name! Hope it works for you

Thanks a lot for this. My saviour. This worked well for me. I can now type super fast on SwiftKey and also pinch to zoom with two to fingers after running that.

I hardly reboot my phone so I should be alright.

Cheers.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
10th September 2014, 08:48 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What is weird about this issue is the fact that not all the phones are suffering from this issue. If all the phones use the same digitizer hardware why some are having the sensitivity issue and others don't. Makes me wonder if it is really due to the LCD suppliers doing something different when putting together the digitizer and the screens.
Last edited by wbs3333; 10th September 2014 at 08:58 AM.
10th September 2014, 11:08 AM |#26  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbs3333

What is weird about this issue is the fact that not all the phones are suffering from this issue. If all the phones use the same digitizer hardware why some are having the sensitivity issue and others don't. Makes me wonder if it is really due to the LCD suppliers doing something different when putting together the digitizer and the screens.

Yep, that's a concern by a lot of people. If it was just a software issue it would stand to reason that everyone would have this issue but as you pointed out that is not the case. this would unfortunately point to an underlying hardware issue. Hence why I have requested a RMA.
26th December 2014, 12:07 PM |#27  
Flag {^_*}
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Still touchscreen sensitivity is low. I can touch the screen without it recognize my finger/press
I cant do that with thr lg g3 or htc one m8 you touch the screen it recognize it.
I bought a hd screen protector and thats when i noticed that there is a low sensibility on the screen cause i needed to press hard. I was like wtf. And that how i found out that its not very sensitive... So toke off the screen protector it is better. Still no lg g3 or htc.... But yeah so im scared to buy a tempered glass screen protector cause i guess sensibility will drop hard
26th December 2014, 12:30 PM |#28  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiexp

Still touchscreen sensitivity is low. I can touch the screen without it recognize my finger/press
I cant do that with thr lg g3 or htc one m8 you touch the screen it recognize it.
I bought a hd screen protector and thats when i noticed that there is a low sensibility on the screen cause i needed to press hard. I was like wtf. And that how i found out that its not very sensitive... So toke off the screen protector it is better. Still no lg g3 or htc.... But yeah so im scared to buy a tempered glass screen protector cause i guess sensibility will drop hard

I'm using a tempered glass screen protector and I haven't had any issues at all with my touch screen sensitivity. It stands to reason that if this was software related we'd all be affected. I'd try to get a replacement from oneplus if I were in your position.