Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OnePlus One vibration feedback problem

Tip us?

Ichigo66
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] OnePlus One vibration feedback problem

Hi, I bought the OnePlus One 2wks ago via aliexpress. So far I absolutely love this phone especially for the price.
So my problem is when I first received the phone the vibration feedback when pressing the back/home buttons and keyboard feedback were really great a solid little buzz that gave the phone a quality feel about it much like the HTC. Since the last update XNPH25R (which may just be coincidence) the vibration has become stronger and an audible buzz is now heard from the phone. My question is has anyone else had this problem and would be a hardware and or software problem. Personally I'm thinking its a hardware problem as I tried flashing the original rom prior to the last update and still had the same problem.
Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly welcomed.
Owned:
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S 2
Samsung Galaxy S 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1V
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy S 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Gear

Current:
OnePlus One
Gear Fit
Asus Transformer Trio

mrdarling4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Issue Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo66 View Post
Hi, I bought the OnePlus One 2wks ago via aliexpress. So far I absolutely love this phone especially for the price.
So my problem is when I first received the phone the vibration feedback when pressing the back/home buttons and keyboard feedback were really great a solid little buzz that gave the phone a quality feel about it much like the HTC. Since the last update XNPH25R (which may just be coincidence) the vibration has become stronger and an audible buzz is now heard from the phone. My question is has anyone else had this problem and would be a hardware and or software problem. Personally I'm thinking its a hardware problem as I tried flashing the original rom prior to the last update and still had the same problem.
Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly welcomed.

I'm having the same issue with the vibration/haptic feedback being almost a sound as much as a vibration. i just got mine Saturday and updated right away.

vwauditech
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Yes. I am not happy with the vibration quality on the device. It feels like it's more loose and rattles. It's more annoying than the yellow tinting on the bottom of my screen.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
South Central Pennsylvania

GSM Galaxy Nexus i9250 and lovin it!

Ichigo66
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes I agree it gives the impression something has come loose. What's more annoying for me is that is was not like that out of the box. I don't notice any yellow tinge on my screen. Other than that for $400 I do still like this phone.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium HD app
Owned:
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S 2
Samsung Galaxy S 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1V
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy S 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Gear

Current:
OnePlus One
Gear Fit
Asus Transformer Trio

madgalaxy
Old
Thanks Meter 8
So is the consensus that the "tingy" vibration feedback started when the latest update was applied? Has anyone tried another rom (I.e. Mahdi, CM nightlies)? My One+ will be here next week and really do not like tingy vibe motors! If it is hardware related I will turn off all vibration feedback.