TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] OnePlus One vibration feedback problem

OP Ichigo66

11th July 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Hi, I bought the OnePlus One 2wks ago via aliexpress. So far I absolutely love this phone especially for the price.
So my problem is when I first received the phone the vibration feedback when pressing the back/home buttons and keyboard feedback were really great a solid little buzz that gave the phone a quality feel about it much like the HTC. Since the last update XNPH25R (which may just be coincidence) the vibration has become stronger and an audible buzz is now heard from the phone. My question is has anyone else had this problem and would be a hardware and or software problem. Personally I'm thinking its a hardware problem as I tried flashing the original rom prior to the last update and still had the same problem.
Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly welcomed.
16th July 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Same Issue Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo66

Hi, I bought the OnePlus One 2wks ago via aliexpress. So far I absolutely love this phone especially for the price.
So my problem is when I first received the phone the vibration feedback when pressing the back/home buttons and keyboard feedback were really great a solid little buzz that gave the phone a quality feel about it much like the HTC. Since the last update XNPH25R (which may just be coincidence) the vibration has become stronger and an audible buzz is now heard from the phone. My question is has anyone else had this problem and would be a hardware and or software problem. Personally I'm thinking its a hardware problem as I tried flashing the original rom prior to the last update and still had the same problem.
Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly welcomed.

I'm having the same issue with the vibration/haptic feedback being almost a sound as much as a vibration. i just got mine Saturday and updated right away.
20th July 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 14

324 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes. I am not happy with the vibration quality on the device. It feels like it's more loose and rattles. It's more annoying than the yellow tinting on the bottom of my screen.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th July 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Yes I agree it gives the impression something has come loose. What's more annoying for me is that is was not like that out of the box. I don't notice any yellow tinge on my screen. Other than that for $400 I do still like this phone.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium HD app
20th July 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #5  
Tampa
Thanks Meter: 9

148 posts
More
So is the consensus that the "tingy" vibration feedback started when the latest update was applied? Has anyone tried another rom (I.e. Mahdi, CM nightlies)? My One+ will be here next week and really do not like tingy vibe motors! If it is hardware related I will turn off all vibration feedback.
4th September 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 343

1,343 posts
More
I just got this phone yesterday and I notice the same rattle when I touch the capacitive buttons. It doesn't matter how strong or weak I make the vibration, it is still pretty loud.
7th September 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 22

433 posts
The is a setting where you can turn the vibration down. It's set to 100 by default which I find to be to high.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread