Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 50,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OnePlus One volume buttons problem

Tip us?

Ferenor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OnePlus One volume buttons problem

Hey, I've got recently a Oneplus One but, when I turned it on, I found that he has a problem with the volume buttons, I mean when pressing for example the vol + button it will not turn it higher or what, same when pressing the vol - button . I also found that if I take pressed the vol + or - buttons it will change from normal to vibration, just that. It seems like they are blocked or something, I don't know :\ Can someone help me understand what I can do with it? Sorry for bad english!

Ps. I'm italian, lol

btbrotherton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferenor View Post
Hey, I've got recently a Oneplus One but, when I turned it on, I found that he has a problem with the volume buttons, I mean when pressing for example the vol + button it will not turn it higher or what, same when pressing the vol - button . I also found that if I take pressed the vol + or - buttons it will change from normal to vibration, just that. It seems like they are blocked or something, I don't know :\ Can someone help me understand what I can do with it? Sorry for bad english!

Ps. I'm italian, lol
I am having this same exact issue, did you ever find a solution?

nindustrial
Old
Thanks Meter 0
*bump*

same issue here, + vol button does not work, only - does. seems to be hardware issue, as it won't even work to launch into fastboot mode. have this issue under the original cms as well as Flappy's AOSP rom...

anyone found a fix? i've contaced oneplus, and playing the support waiting game right now...

drmacrofish
Old
(Last edited by drmacrofish; 23rd August 2014 at 01:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 207
Anyone ever get any word on this? I just got my oneplus today and I am seeing the same behavior. Basically my volume buttons do nothing at all when pressed. Supper not happy. I don't even think I can boot into recovery as my volume button is not being sensed at all. Blah, guess this is gonna have to go back.

jodogg7ny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same, could be software though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish View Post
Anyone ever get any word on this? I just got my oneplus today and I am seeing the same behavior. Basically my volume buttons do nothing at all when pressed. Supper not happy. I don't even think I can boot into recovery as my volume button is not being sensed at all. Blah, guess this is gonna have to go back.
My volume buttons are not working either. In the beginning they were and then they just stopped. Then started working again at a point when I was using a headset to listen to music. They started working perfectly even without the headset, but then they just stopped again completely. I'm trying anything to correct this. Reboot does nothing..

S M G
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferenor View Post

Ps. I'm italian, lol
What i find strange is the that when you press both +- at the same time your device goes into vibration mode - this is a feature of CM BTW,however what bothers me is that your + does not work on its own yet when you press it with - it registers and as such goes into vibration mode so this tells me that your + button might actually be working just not properly The only thing i can recommend is doing a full restore and see f that fixes the issue which might be a software issue

Ferenor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Still not working, I think it is an hardware issue.

DuckMcQUack
Old
Thanks Meter 99
If you guys have the same issue and the buttons are intermittently working it may be related to something you installed on your phone to control sound and volume...any fixes, xposed mods or stuff like that?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4

mostrapotski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem here.
I used tthe phone while running. Removing the back cover to press the button myself reveled some wet, did you guys get some liquid anyhow in the phone before the problem appeared ?

S M G
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Just curious, do you perhaps have "Quite Hours" enabled under Settings->Sound->Quite Hours->Enforce quite hours ?