KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more

Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more

What’s Your Biggest Reason for Not Owning an iPhone?

With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see … more

“New Kernel” for OnePlus One

If you are hungry for a new kernel on your OnePlus One, XDA Senior Member jgcaap‘s … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

OnePlus One volume buttons problem

21st September 2014, 01:36 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 307

636 posts
Hadn't looked at this thread for awhile. For me my volume buttons did not work out of the box. I put in a support ticket with OnePlus and they told me the would replace or refund me. That was one month ago however and I still have my broken device and no response. I am awaiting a decision by PayPal now unfortunately.
21st September 2014, 08:35 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish

Hadn't looked at this thread for awhile. For me my volume buttons did not work out of the box. I put in a support ticket with OnePlus and they told me the would replace or refund me. That was one month ago however and I still have my broken device and no response. I am awaiting a decision by PayPal now unfortunately.

I got my OPO 2 days ago and both volume buttons worked fine until today. Now my vol. up doesn't do anything. So same problem here
Seems like I have to do a RMA request.
26th September 2014, 02:36 PM |#13  

2 posts
Volume buttons not working
Hello, I'm having the same problem and also saw this vid, looks like the same problem: youtube.com/watch?v=zU3CZnFFoso
Only Volume down seems to work, volume up does not. Only tried a reboot and compared all sound settings with a good working OnePlus One. It does not work on any occasion, having apps running or not. The other OnePlus One works on every occasion, playing music, or do nothing, I always can use the volume up and down buttons. I truly hope there will be a fix for this.
Kind regards,
Limburg3rt (One rooted Galaxy S3 CyanogenMod, Nexus10 stock Android rooted and 2 OnePlus Ones, one working like a charm, one without volume buttons working like they should )
26th September 2014, 06:10 PM |#14  

636 posts
No fix for mine. Had to send mine back for a refund. Bummed out about it too cause I really like the device and all the ROMs.
26th September 2014, 06:53 PM |#15  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish

No fix for mine. Had to send mine back for a refund. Bummed out about it too cause I really like the device and all the ROMs.

That's not great at all, when it works it's a great phone, but it HAS to work! Did you got a full refund? Was is it hard to get the refund, and how long did it all took? I'm wondering what's better. If I'll wait for some kind of software fix, or if send it back for replacement.
28th September 2014, 07:24 PM |#16  

636 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limburg3rt

That's not great at all, when it works it's a great phone, but it HAS to work! Did you got a full refund? Was is it hard to get the refund, and how long did it all took? I'm wondering what's better. If I'll wait for some kind of software fix, or if send it back for replacement.

I just sent mine back this past Friday so I still have not gotten the refund. PayPal said they will refund me once they have record of it being at OnePlus warehouse. I did not have to send it back to China which is good. I will be getting a full refund including my initial shipping, but will be out the 12$ it cost me to send the unit back I guess, but I really don't care.

Edit: It has been just over a month since I submitted the ticket the day after recieving the phone. Long time man.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Last edited by drmacrofish; 28th September 2014 at 07:39 PM.
10th March 2015, 03:26 PM |#17  

1 posts
root your phone, use rom manager to get into bootloader, install ButtonRemapper and try it out. i bought a oneplus with hardbutton problems, it has not arrived yet but i will try this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread