Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OPO getting hot

Tip us?

jdh10475
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default OPO getting hot

My OPO is getting hot when using hangouts video chat and navigation. I could understand if I was playing a resource intensive game but video chat and navigation. Any one else notice this?
Hero > Evo 4G > Nexus S > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S3 > iPhone 5 > Nexus 4 > HTC One M7 > Samsung Note 3 AT&T > Nexus 5 > OnePlus One
Rom: This one

If I help you please thank me by hitting the thanks... Thanks!

bachera
Old
(Last edited by bachera; 22nd August 2014 at 06:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 384
no

define hot
factory reset without recovering app/data
try different rom/kernel
etc

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

droidnext
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I never use video chat so I don't know. But its getting hot when I playing clash of clan, it's not even graphically game.

kokocabana
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I use this cpu temperature app to monitor the temp when playing games. My phone tends to idle at low 30s celsius and ramps up quickly into the 60s under load. I've hit peaks of 73 celsius while playing plants vs zombies 2 and the app can notify you when it gets above 70. I think the sandstone back is keeping the heat insulated unlike other metal/plastic phones.
Oneplus One 64GB (CM11S)
HTC Desire (MildWild 5.0) - Retired

Ziglez
Old
(Last edited by Ziglez; 22nd August 2014 at 09:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnext View Post
I never use video chat so I don't know. But its getting hot when I playing clash of clan, it's not even graphically game.
I've played countless games and i play clash of clans a lot. Never had the phone get hot yet, It's surprisingly good with heat compared to my nexus 4.

rickyx32
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokocabana View Post
I use this cpu temperature app to monitor the temp when playing games. My phone tends to idle at low 30s celsius and ramps up quickly into the 60s under load. I've hit peaks of 73 celsius while playing plants vs zombies 2 and the app can notify you when it gets above 70. I think the sandstone back is keeping the heat insulated unlike other metal/plastic phones.
Not even, I have my phone overclocked to 2,880 megahertz and this phone handles heat far better than my old Nexus 5 and G3.
Current Phone: OnePlus One 64GB
Previous Devices: Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, HTC One V, LG Optimus Elite, LG Optimus V

jdh10475
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Let my follow up my opening post with this is my 2nd OPO sold the first one and I never remember it getting hot. So on this phone I thought it was a little strange. I will try the CPU temperature app.
Hero > Evo 4G > Nexus S > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S3 > iPhone 5 > Nexus 4 > HTC One M7 > Samsung Note 3 AT&T > Nexus 5 > OnePlus One
Rom: This one

If I help you please thank me by hitting the thanks... Thanks!

DualSportDad
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Yes, I use hangouts video chat on a daily basis and tonight when I was done I noticed my phone was very hot.
OnePlus One
Nexus 7 FHD
Sprint Note 2
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7

Past devices:
Nexus 5
McPad F1
Motorola Photon
Evo3D
Evo4G
Samsung Moment
The Following User Says Thank You to DualSportDad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidnext
Old
Thanks Meter 29
People define "hot" differently, so I installed CPU temperature app to see how hot. I got 122 F playing clash of clan. I guess it's OK.