Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more
Post Reply
Unhappy

[Q] AudioFX force close renders OPO inoperable please help!

25th July 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
So Iíve had my phone for about 3 weeks and from the get go I decided not to unlock the bootloader or root and just wanted to enjoy CM11S in its stock form. I downloaded and installed a bunch of CM11 themes and would constantly change them well once I changed the frost theme and ended up rebooting my phone the moment it booted into android I started getting spammed with unfortunately AudioFx has stopped errors and system UI crash.apk errors. I power my phone off as I am at work I reboot into the stock recovery and reluctantly did a factory reset and reboot thinking that it would relieve the problem. Upon that first initial reboot when you reach the cyanogens mod setup screen the audioFx errors return basically rendering the phone unusable. I found a method on android headlines to flash back to stock which I did through fastboot when I got home from work that do. I flashed the img files numerous times and Iím still greeted by the error upon reboot. My phone canít be bricked because it actively lets me access fastboot and recoveryÖI even flashed twrp recovery and Cwm.img files through fastboot and successfully booted into recovery with no luck. My bootloader is locked so that basically stops me from flashing anything or mounting my internal storage in recovery. Every time I try to unlock the bootloader by fastboot oem unlock I get a counting second sequence on adb then nothing. Is there something Iím doing wrong I have rooted and unbricked tons of Android handsets. I love this handset Please help!!
25th July 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,104
 
12,952 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
I don't mean to be rude but please separate your text into different blocks (paragraphs). I'm getting very nauseous trying to understand what your problem is when I have to read 7-12 lines of text without any separation.
4th August 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinaquinnrambo

So I’ve had my phone for about 3 weeks and from the get go I decided not to unlock the bootloader or root and just wanted to enjoy CM11S in its stock form. I downloaded and installed a bunch of CM11 themes and would constantly change them well once I changed the frost theme and ended up rebooting my phone the moment it booted into android I started getting spammed with unfortunately AudioFx has stopped errors and system UI crash.apk errors. I power my phone off as I am at work I reboot into the stock recovery and reluctantly did a factory reset and reboot thinking that it would relieve the problem. Upon that first initial reboot when you reach the cyanogens mod setup screen the audioFx errors return basically rendering the phone unusable. I found a method on android headlines to flash back to stock which I did through fastboot when I got home from work that do. I flashed the img files numerous times and I’m still greeted by the error upon reboot. My phone can’t be bricked because it actively lets me access fastboot and recovery…I even flashed twrp recovery and Cwm.img files through fastboot and successfully booted into recovery with no luck. My bootloader is locked so that basically stops me from flashing anything or mounting my internal storage in recovery. Every time I try to unlock the bootloader by fastboot oem unlock I get a counting second sequence on adb then nothing. Is there something I’m doing wrong I have rooted and unbricked tons of Android handsets. I love this handset Please help!!

I'm also in the same boat.

In essence on bootup the phone gives a message that "AudioFX has stopped" on clicking the OK button the message appears within a second rendering the device unusable.

My first guess for me will be to remove the last installed app (which in this case was the Cerberus (cerberus_disguised-4.4.zip)
I flashed the version that integrates with the OS to prevent thieves being able to factory reset and remove protections.

**EDIT**

Okay it was an easy solve,
I removed via ADB , Volume+ which was causing the issue and will be moving instead to Viper4android
Last edited by zoro25; 4th August 2014 at 05:10 PM.
5th August 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag SALONICA - GREECE
Thanks Meter: 13
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
I had the same problem after changing some values in mixer_paths.xml and i follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...stock-t2826541 and flash the phone.This guide will wipe your data,fotos,e.t.c.
5th August 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
353 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
You don't need to flash everything to fix the issue.
From the guide posted above, just download the factory image and ADB/fastboot tools, extract everything and flash system using "fastboot flash system system.img".

That restores the broken mixer_paths.xml in the /system/etc folder to the standard version. You don't even loose anything you installed or setup, as it's all on the data partition.

Btw, it's a very strange thing, that changing themes actually messes up a file which has nothing to do with themes, but is related to sound settings.
12th August 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #6  
sharp2G's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
740 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzhedaj

You don't need to flash everything to fix the issue.
From the guide posted above, just download the factory image and ADB/fastboot tools, extract everything and flash system using "fastboot flash system system.img".

That restores the broken mixer_paths.xml in the /system/etc folder to the standard version. You don't even loose anything you installed or setup, as it's all on the data partition.

Btw, it's a very strange thing, that changing themes actually messes up a file which has nothing to do with themes, but is related to sound settings.

How do you "fastboot flash system system.img" when you are in fast boot mode?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzhedaj

You don't need to flash everything to fix the issue.
From the guide posted above, just download the factory image and ADB/fastboot tools, extract everything and flash system using "fastboot flash system system.img".

That restores the broken mixer_paths.xml in the /system/etc folder to the standard version. You don't even loose anything you installed or setup, as it's all on the data partition.

Btw, it's a very strange thing, that changing themes actually messes up a file which has nothing to do with themes, but is related to sound settings.

I'm a noob. Can you be more specific?
23rd August 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro25

I'm also in the same boat.

In essence on bootup the phone gives a message that "AudioFX has stopped" on clicking the OK button the message appears within a second rendering the device unusable.

My first guess for me will be to remove the last installed app (which in this case was the Cerberus (cerberus_disguised-4.4.zip)
I flashed the version that integrates with the OS to prevent thieves being able to factory reset and remove protections.

**EDIT**

Okay it was an easy solve,
I removed via ADB , Volume+ which was causing the issue and will be moving instead to Viper4android


Would you be kind enough to tell me exactly what you put into the cmd screen to get volume+ removed? I'm having the exact same issue, and im pretty bad with adb. i've been looking for hours for a solution that works.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in ONE Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank