Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

OTA Help! Keep getting stuck on boot logo

OP bigmarv27

23rd August 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
hey can someone help me? i just got the 33R OTA update and then I tried applying the update and it installs fine. the only problem is that when i reboot it, it gets stuck on the boot logo. people have told me to wait a bit after applying the update but I had my phone sitting there for 30 minutes and it never reached the boot animation.

Ive followed multiple ways to update the OTA. Ive tried sideloading, applying through TWRP, and the OTA. all have used wiping the cache.

I am currently on 30O and rooted unlocked. I had this problem with the 30O OTA and I had to factory reset everything to get the update. Does anyone know what could be causing my phone to not boot after an update?
23rd August 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #2  
MrMarkEdward's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Llano, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 358
 
891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
If you can sideload download and sideload this [ ROM ][ Aug 21 ] Stock Rooted 4.4.4 XNPH33R

And install thru TWRP
23rd August 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
help me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarkEdward

If you can sideload download and sideload this [ ROM ][ Aug 21 ] Stock Rooted 4.4.4 XNPH33R

And install thru TWRP

What are the commands to sideload through adb. i'm sorta new. i sideloaded twrp just fine, but i dont know the rest. My phone wont update from 30O

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarkEdward

If you can sideload download and sideload this [ ROM ][ Aug 21 ] Stock Rooted 4.4.4 XNPH33R

And install thru TWRP

Thank you SO much. I was so worried i was about to brick my phone but this saved the day. You are my hero.
23rd August 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #4  
MrMarkEdward's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Llano, Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 358
 
891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtmintz

What are the commands to sideload through adb. i'm sorta new. i sideloaded twrp just fine, but i dont know the rest. My phone wont update from 30O

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------



Thank you SO much. I was so worried i was about to brick my phone but this saved the day. You are my hero.

Your welcome no problem glad it helped.
26th August 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Unhappy Help Please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarkEdward

If you can sideload download and sideload this [ ROM ][ Aug 21 ] Stock Rooted 4.4.4 XNPH33R

And install thru TWRP

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I'm running a 33R stock one that is stuck on the bootloader. Is there a way to fix this without rooting the one? Thanks in advance.
26th August 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,783
 
13,651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjosh90xx

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I'm running a 33R stock one that is stuck on the bootloader. Is there a way to fix this without rooting the one? Thanks in advance.

Nope, the only way to resolve it is by unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom recovery to sideload.
26th August 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Nope, the only way to resolve it is by unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom recovery to sideload.

I've never rooted before. Can you recommed a guide for this problem that I have. All the guides I've seen say I need to enable debugging and I can't access the phone so I don't know how to do it. If I use fastboot and plug in via USB would that do the trick?
27th August 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #8  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,183
 
14,957 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjosh90xx

I've never rooted before. Can you recommed a guide for this problem that I have. All the guides I've seen say I need to enable debugging and I can't access the phone so I don't know how to do it. If I use fastboot and plug in via USB would that do the trick?

Fastboot doesn't require usb debugging to be turned on. Just go to the guide in my signature and you'll be golden.

Transmitted via Bacon
27th August 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Fastboot doesn't require usb debugging to be turned on. Just go to the guide in my signature and you'll be golden.

Transmitted via Bacon

Thank you so much. Last question, if I do follow your guide while I void the warranty? I filed a claim with OP letting them know about my problem. I don't know if its better to wait to hear what they tell me which may take forever from what I've read online. I'm so glad I came here for help. Thanks again.
27th August 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #10  
timmaaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,183
 
14,957 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjosh90xx

Thank you so much. Last question, if I do follow your guide while I void the warranty? I filed a claim with OP letting them know about my problem. I don't know if its better to wait to hear what they tell me which may take forever from what I've read online. I'm so glad I came here for help. Thanks again.

No, unlocking your bootloader and rooting your device doesn't void your warranty with OnePlus.

Transmitted via Bacon

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes