Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,248 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA Help! Keep getting stuck on boot logo

Tip us?

bigmarv27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OTA Help! Keep getting stuck on boot logo

hey can someone help me? i just got the 33R OTA update and then I tried applying the update and it installs fine. the only problem is that when i reboot it, it gets stuck on the boot logo. people have told me to wait a bit after applying the update but I had my phone sitting there for 30 minutes and it never reached the boot animation.

Ive followed multiple ways to update the OTA. Ive tried sideloading, applying through TWRP, and the OTA. all have used wiping the cache.

I am currently on 30O and rooted unlocked. I had this problem with the 30O OTA and I had to factory reset everything to get the update. Does anyone know what could be causing my phone to not boot after an update?

MrMarkEdward
Old
Thanks Meter 297
If you can sideload download and sideload this [ ROM ][ Aug 21 ] Stock Rooted 4.4.4 XNPH33R

And install thru TWRP

kurtmintz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarkEdward View Post
If you can sideload download and sideload this [ ROM ][ Aug 21 ] Stock Rooted 4.4.4 XNPH33R

And install thru TWRP
What are the commands to sideload through adb. i'm sorta new. i sideloaded twrp just fine, but i dont know the rest. My phone wont update from 30O

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote:

And install thru TWRP
Thank you SO much. I was so worried i was about to brick my phone but this saved the day. You are my hero.

MrMarkEdward
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtmintz View Post
What are the commands to sideload through adb. i'm sorta new. i sideloaded twrp just fine, but i dont know the rest. My phone wont update from 30O

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Thank you SO much. I was so worried i was about to brick my phone but this saved the day. You are my hero.
Your welcome no problem glad it helped.

xxjosh90xx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help Please!

Quote:

And install thru TWRP
Hello, I'm having the same problem. I'm running a 33R stock one that is stuck on the bootloader. Is there a way to fix this without rooting the one? Thanks in advance.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,848

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjosh90xx View Post
Hello, I'm having the same problem. I'm running a 33R stock one that is stuck on the bootloader. Is there a way to fix this without rooting the one? Thanks in advance.
Nope, the only way to resolve it is by unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom recovery to sideload.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

xxjosh90xx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Nope, the only way to resolve it is by unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom recovery to sideload.
I've never rooted before. Can you recommed a guide for this problem that I have. All the guides I've seen say I need to enable debugging and I can't access the phone so I don't know how to do it. If I use fastboot and plug in via USB would that do the trick?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,302

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've never rooted before. Can you recommed a guide for this problem that I have. All the guides I've seen say I need to enable debugging and I can't access the phone so I don't know how to do it. If I use fastboot and plug in via USB would that do the trick?
Fastboot doesn't require usb debugging to be turned on. Just go to the guide in my signature and you'll be golden.

Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

xxjosh90xx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Fastboot doesn't require usb debugging to be turned on. Just go to the guide in my signature and you'll be golden.

Transmitted via Bacon
Thank you so much. Last question, if I do follow your guide while I void the warranty? I filed a claim with OP letting them know about my problem. I don't know if its better to wait to hear what they tell me which may take forever from what I've read online. I'm so glad I came here for help. Thanks again.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,302

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you so much. Last question, if I do follow your guide while I void the warranty? I filed a claim with OP letting them know about my problem. I don't know if its better to wait to hear what they tell me which may take forever from what I've read online. I'm so glad I came here for help. Thanks again.
No, unlocking your bootloader and rooting your device doesn't void your warranty with OnePlus.

Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!